Hardware compatibility with VISTA Ultimate

Phyberlink

Hardware compatibility with VISTA Ultimate
Hello,

I have purchased a new Hard drive and a New full install Vista Ultimate,
The new Hard drive will be introduced into my existing system as a second
drive with the VISTA O/S.
The old HD has my XP Pro O/S. My system has 1 GB or ram. My question is:
What am I going to encounter as potential issues as far as hardware is
concern, My board is Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. and the Processor is Intel
Pentium 2.4 Hyper Threading and Video is eVga e-GeForce 7600GS AGP.
Anyone knows if there are compatibility issues ?

Thanks

Phyberlink

Terence Liu [MSFT]

RE: Hardware compatibility with VISTA Ultimate
Hello Phyberlink,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, I understand that you want to know whether
your hardware have compatibility issue with Windows Vista. If I have
misunderstood the problem, please don't hesitate to let me know.

The Windows Vista is a new OS, there are many new features and enhancements
for Vista, please visit the following Web site:

Features and enhancements for Windows Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...s/default.mspx

Based on my research, the Vista hardware requires is higher than Window XP.
For the Vista hardware requires, please go through the following page:

Windows Vista Enterprise Hardware Planning Guidance
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905075.aspx

Note: also apply on Vista Ultimate.

How to judge whether your system (hardware, drivers and applications) is
fit for Windows Vista? We have a tool called Windows Vista Hardware
Assessment, it will do this job.

The Windows Vista Hardware Assessment solution Accelerator is an inventory,
assessment, and reporting tool that will find computers on a network and
determine if they are ready to run the Windows Vista? operating system.

Please download this tool from the following link:

Download: Windows Vista Hardware Assessment
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b76-3148-4e49-
943d-4d9ea7f77730&DisplayLang=en

For how to use this tool, please go through the following page:

Windows Vista Hardware Assessment Overview
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sol...assessment/wv/
default.mspx

I suggest you install this tool on your XP system, run the tool, it will
analyze your computer hardware, the drivers of all hardware and all
applications install on XP, it will give you a report in Excel to let you
know whether the hardware, drivers and applications will work fine in Vista
system.

Hope these steps will give you some help.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Terence Liu(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

issue.

--------------------
| From: "Phyberlink" <phyberlink@netzerot.net>
| Subject: Hardware compatibility with VISTA Ultimate
| Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:29:34 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
|
| Hello,
|
| I have purchased a new Hard drive and a New full install Vista Ultimate,
| The new Hard drive will be introduced into my existing system as a second
| drive with the VISTA O/S.
| The old HD has my XP Pro O/S. My system has 1 GB or ram. My question
is:
| What am I going to encounter as potential issues as far as hardware is
| concern, My board is Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. and the Processor is Intel
| Pentium 2.4 Hyper Threading and Video is eVga e-GeForce 7600GS AGP.
| Anyone knows if there are compatibility issues ?
|
| Thanks
|
| Phyberlink

Phyberlink

Re: Hardware compatibility with VISTA Ultimate
I am truly impressed with the professionalism of the answer I received,
Every link I received, it directed me to resolute and yet another issue.

Thank you very much Terence, and sorry I did not respond sooner, I was in
Europe.

Phyberlink

"Terence Liu [MSFT]" <v-terliu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> | Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:29:34 -0400
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
> |
> | Hello,
> |
> | I have purchased a new Hard drive and a New full install Vista Ultimate,
> | The new Hard drive will be introduced into my existing system as a
> second
> | drive with the VISTA O/S.
> | The old HD has my XP Pro O/S. My system has 1 GB or ram. My question
> is:
> | What am I going to encounter as potential issues as far as hardware is
> | concern, My board is Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. and the Processor is Intel
> | Pentium 2.4 Hyper Threading and Video is eVga e-GeForce 7600GS AGP.
> | Anyone knows if there are compatibility issues ?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Phyberlink

Terence Liu [MSFT]

Re: Hardware compatibility with VISTA Ultimate

Thank you for kind update. I appreciate your time on this post.

I'm glad to hear that the info I provided is help for you. Please do not
hesitate to post in this great newsgroup if you need any assistance in the
future. I look forward to working with you again.

Thank you and have a nice day,

> [...]

| > "Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there
are
| > any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your
newsreader,
| > please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
| > issue.
| >
| > Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
| > provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
| > different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In
| > doing
| > so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
| >
| > For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly.
Please
| > check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
| >
| > Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.

| > |
| > | I have purchased a new Hard drive and a New full install Vista
Ultimate,
| > | The new Hard drive will be introduced into my existing system as a
| > second
| > | drive with the VISTA O/S.
| > | The old HD has my XP Pro O/S. My system has 1 GB or ram. My question
| > is:
| > | What am I going to encounter as potential issues as far as hardware is
| > | concern, My board is Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. and the Processor is Intel
| > | Pentium 2.4 Hyper Threading and Video is eVga e-GeForce 7600GS AGP.
| > | Anyone knows if there are compatibility issues ?
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | Phyberlink