Silicon Image 3112 SATA Raid drivers and more.....!!!!

Atolica

Silicon Image 3112 SATA Raid drivers and more.....!!!!
Hi
I noticed that Microsoft has recently released new drivers for vista,
"3112_RAID_1.0.60.0_x86".
My problem is that Silicon Image Sata Controller control panel(from control
panel ) doesn't open anymore. It didn't open before with the last
drivers, too.
Another thing is with Realtek AC'97 drivers. Last version or the version I
downloaded a month back from their site are messed up. After a clean vista
install this week and letting windows update do it's thing, instead of the
last, beta still drivers, installed an old version, like 3 or 4 versions
older. It's true, I don't see anymore those incompatibility issues I've seen
before, but still Realtek Sound Manager doesn't open as it should be, and I
CAN'T HIDE THE SOUND ICON from system tray. ?!@?!#???!?!?!?!?!?#?$?%
Anyway, I don't find it amusing windows update installing a century ago
drivers. It shouldn't have pointed to those drivers in the first place. It
should let people decide what drivers they want to install. I know it's not
Microsoft's fault Realtek designs faulty drivers. But if drivers are WHQL'd,
it is.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Silicon Image 3112 SATA Raid drivers and more.....!!!!
Thanks for your comments but they are off-topic for this newsgroup. As was
noted previously:

Please note the following:
This newsgroup is available for you to post issues and questions about the
use of the Vista Hardware Assessment Solution Accelerator. You can use it
to collaborate directly with Microsoft Support Professionals, Microsoft Most
Valuable Professionals (MVPs) and other community members to get answers.

"Atolica" <keyser@nmaiolp.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I noticed that Microsoft has recently released new drivers for vista,
> "3112_RAID_1.0.60.0_x86".
> My problem is that Silicon Image Sata Controller control panel(from
> control panel ) doesn't open anymore. It didn't open before with the
> last drivers, too.
> Another thing is with Realtek AC'97 drivers. Last version or the version I
> downloaded a month back from their site are messed up. After a clean
> vista install this week and letting windows update do it's thing, instead
> of the last, beta still drivers, installed an old version, like 3 or 4
> versions older. It's true, I don't see anymore those incompatibility
> issues I've seen before, but still Realtek Sound Manager doesn't open as
> it should be, and I CAN'T HIDE THE SOUND ICON from system tray.
> ?!@?!#???!?!?!?!?!?#?$?%
> Anyway, I don't find it amusing windows update installing a century ago
> drivers. It shouldn't have pointed to those drivers in the first place. It
> should let people decide what drivers they want to install. I know it's
> not Microsoft's fault Realtek designs faulty drivers. But if drivers are
> WHQL'd, it is.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Silicon Image 3112 SATA Raid drivers and more.....!!!!
In view of the success rate of getting relevant postings here perhaps
you might reconsider the need for the folder or altering its title.

To the user "Hardware Assessment" is as likely to mean "what do you
think of ....?" as your specialized meaning.

FWIW

Atolica

Re: Silicon Image 3112 SATA Raid drivers and more.....!!!!
I am sorry. I saw the reply to the other post afer I posted mine.
Good day!

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" <huwyngr@unspam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:VA.00000238.00466aea@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .
> In view of the success rate of getting relevant postings here perhaps
> you might reconsider the need for the folder or altering its title.
>
> To the user "Hardware Assessment" is as likely to mean "what do you
> think of ....?" as your specialized meaning.
>
> FWIW

Hugh Wyn Griffith

In article <eAGoa7wbHHA.2408@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Atolica wrote:

> I am sorry. I saw the reply to the other post afer I posted mine.
> Good day!

No need to appologize to me! I didn't design the system <g>

I hope you get an answer to your question.