Blocked Programmes

Mildura

Blocked Programmes
I am using the Vista programme and having trouble w2ith the start up
programme. When computer turns on it says Windows has blocked some start up
programmes. Windows and blocked programmes require permission to run. I
have tried virtually everything and am really sick of it

Robert Li [MSFT]

RE: Blocked Programmes
Hi Midura,

Thanks for posting in our newsgroup.

From your description, I know that when you logon the Widows Vista machine,
the start up programs are blocked and require permission to run the
program. If I am off-base, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

I am sorry that our newsgroup is focused on the Windows Vista Hardware
Assement issue, please open a new post in windows.public.vista newsgroup.
Thanks for your understanding.

I'd like to provide the following information for you.

In Windows Vista, when you run some programs, you will get a pop-up box
offering you to allow or deny the program or require password. You can
avoid this by disable User access control. User Account Control (UAC) is a
new security feature in Windows Vista that requires all users to log on and
run in standard user privileges mode instead of as administrator with full
administrative rights, thus prevent unauthorized or accidental changes that
could destabilize the computers or allows virus and third party software to
exploit the system-level privileges provided to the local administrator to
attack the network security, compromise computer safety and privacy, and
damage files and settings in the network.

To do this

1. Run MsConfig from Run option.
2. In System Configuration window, click on the Tools tab.
3. Scroll down and locate “Disable UAC” option item. Click on that line.
4. Click the Launch button.
5. A command prompt window will open and automatically execute and run
certain process to disable UAC.
6. Close CMD window when done.
7. Close Msconfig.
8. Restart computer for changes to apply and effective.

For more information, please refer to:

User Account Control
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905108.aspx

Turn Off or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...ser-account-co
ntrol-uac-in-windows-vista

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a Third party World Wide Web
site. You should know that Third party sites are not under the control of
Microsoft. Accordingly, Microsoft can make no representation concerning
the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only
as a convenience to you. This is to inform you that Microsoft has not
tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore
cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or
suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent
dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft
cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before
retrieving any software on the Internet.

Hope above information helps.

If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support