irql_not_less_or_equal in vista

Zmalamuth Mamoth

irql_not_less_or_equal in vista
Greetings!

I have problem with my computer that randomly crashes on Vista ultimate 64bit.
Sometimes i can work whole day without the problem, sometimes it crashes after 5min of work.
I have checked my Ram and Hard drives for errors, bought new motherboard.

When it crashes it shows the irql_not_less_or_equal error.
I tried looking into crash dump file, but dont really know where to look for cause of problem.

This are my sistem specs-

CPU - Q6600 @2.4Ghz
MBO - Asus P5q Pro Turbo
Ram - Ocz Xtc 2x2gb @800Mhz
GPU - Sapphire Radeon 4870 1gb Black
HDD - Seagate 250gb, Seagate 500gb, WD 640Gb
Soundcard - Creative Platinum X-Fi
Mouse and Keyboard - Logitech MX518 & G15
Power supply - Corsair 620

Thx in advance for help!

Create Function in SQL Server
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...in-sql-se.aspx
Chuck

Re: irql_not_less_or_equal in vista
"When it crashes it shows the irql_not_less_or_equal error"
Leading causes are:
Drivers (Obsolete, buggy, or corrupt)
Hardware--
RAM, MBD Ram settings, Poor cooling (CPU, Video GPU, MBD chipset)
Power Supply a 620 w PS may be a bit small if the failures occur during
heavy 3d use.
(All power supplies are NOT equal!)
Overclocking

I have a system with an ATI Diamondmm HD 4890, Phenom II 955, and 4G OCZ
Ram, 2HDD, & DVD burner
The PS is a "true" 910 W single buss supply with about 80-90% efficiency
Max draw is around 580-600w in 3d games, according to the UPS. The CPU & GPU
can reach ~55deg C, with "stock"
heatsink fans and more than adequate airflow in the case. A bit of custom
baffling can reduce temps by a deg. C or so.
(5 case fans, One top, two lower front, one upper rear, one (180mm) side),
plus the usual PS internal and CPU& GPU fans
Creative Labs Drivers and Logitech drivers are also possible suspects, based
upon past reputation.

When you say random, is any particular task or app software in use at the
time of failure?

<Zmalamuth Mamoth> wrote in message news:20091134231zmalamuth@gmail.com...
> Greetings!
>
> I have problem with my computer that randomly crashes on Vista ultimate
> 64bit.
> Sometimes i can work whole day without the problem, sometimes it crashes
> after 5min of work.
> I have checked my Ram and Hard drives for errors, bought new motherboard.
>
> When it crashes it shows the irql_not_less_or_equal error.
> I tried looking into crash dump file, but dont really know where to look
> for cause of problem.
>
> This are my sistem specs-
>
> CPU - Q6600 @2.4Ghz
> MBO - Asus P5q Pro Turbo
> Ram - Ocz Xtc 2x2gb @800Mhz
> GPU - Sapphire Radeon 4870 1gb Black
> HDD - Seagate 250gb, Seagate 500gb, WD 640Gb
> Soundcard - Creative Platinum X-Fi
> Mouse and Keyboard - Logitech MX518 & G15
> Power supply - Corsair 620
>
> Thx in advance for help!

> Create Function in SQL Server
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...in-sql-se.aspx

edward

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818501

Chuck

Re: irql_not_less_or_equal in vista
Soundcard - Creative Platinum X-Fi is a likely culprit! See if new drivers
are available.