Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Erasing data from harddrive

microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware assessment






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
Fred
 

Posts: n/a
Erasing data from harddrive
Hello,
I am looking for the recommendation of utilty erasing data from
harddrive.
I need the utilty which:
1. Will NOT stop on errors (disk write errors) but it will continue until
all disk is done
or
2. Will allow me to choose sectors to overwrite.
Thanks,
Fred


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
Oliver Aichinger
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive

"Fred" <replyto@it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:esnNJ3AKKHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I am looking for the recommendation of utilty erasing data from
> harddrive.
> I need the utilty which:
> 1. Will NOT stop on errors (disk write errors) but it will continue until
> all disk is done
> or
> 2. Will allow me to choose sectors to overwrite.
> Thanks,
> Fred
>


Did you already try DBAN? http://www.dban.org/download

Brgds

Oliver

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
Fred
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive
I tried now. It is not good.
Not only does not allow me to select clusters but it does not see my hard
drive at all!
(Partitions were removed by Western Digital utility software)
Fred

"Oliver Aichinger" <o.aichinger@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:9762FFC4-E351-41C3-B2A4-D330EDC564C5@microsoft.com...
>
> "Fred" <replyto@it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:esnNJ3AKKHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>> I am looking for the recommendation of utilty erasing data
>> from harddrive.
>> I need the utilty which:
>> 1. Will NOT stop on errors (disk write errors) but it will continue until
>> all disk is done
>> or
>> 2. Will allow me to choose sectors to overwrite.
>> Thanks,
>> Fred
>>

>
> Did you already try DBAN? http://www.dban.org/download
>
> Brgds
>
> Oliver



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
olfart
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive

"Fred" <replyto@it> wrote in message
news:OGaVVOBKKHA.1724@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
> I tried now. It is not good.
> Not only does not allow me to select clusters but it does not see my hard
> drive at all!
> (Partitions were removed by Western Digital utility software)
> Fred
>

if the partitions were removed so was the data


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
Fred
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive
not true at all

"olfart" <olfart65@excite.com> wrote in message
news:7fqp3vF2l5dudU1@mid.individual.net...
>
> "Fred" <replyto@it> wrote in message
> news:OGaVVOBKKHA.1724@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I tried now. It is not good.
>> Not only does not allow me to select clusters but it does not see my hard
>> drive at all!
>> (Partitions were removed by Western Digital utility software)
>> Fred
>>

> if the partitions were removed so was the data
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
Bennett Marco
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive
"Fred" <replyto@it> wrote:

>Hello,
> I am looking for the recommendation of utilty erasing data from
>harddrive.
>I need the utilty which:
>1. Will NOT stop on errors (disk write errors) but it will continue until
>all disk is done
>or
>2. Will allow me to choose sectors to overwrite.
>Thanks,
>Fred


Check the manufacturer's website and see if it has a utility for
completely erasing the drive.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
SPAMCOP User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive
I use ERASER which is a boot CD & takes 8 - 72 hours to government wipe hard
drives

--
SPAMCOP User


"Fred" <replyto@it> wrote in message
news:OGdtIZBKKHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> not true at all
>
> "olfart" <olfart65@excite.com> wrote in message
> news:7fqp3vF2l5dudU1@mid.individual.net...
>>
>> "Fred" <replyto@it> wrote in message
>> news:OGaVVOBKKHA.1724@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> I tried now. It is not good.
>>> Not only does not allow me to select clusters but it does not see my
>>> hard drive at all!
>>> (Partitions were removed by Western Digital utility software)
>>> Fred
>>>

>> if the partitions were removed so was the data
>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
Fred
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive
It does.
But unfortunately, writing "0" stops on the first writing error and on any
consecutive error asking me if I want to continue.
I need to bypass that message step, and continue automatically regardless of
errors.
Fred

"Bennett Marco" <benmarco@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:cidg95hkadr354c7ocs2ltbm3u7iooebq7@4ax.com...
> "Fred" <replyto@it> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>> I am looking for the recommendation of utilty erasing data
>> from
>>harddrive.
>>I need the utilty which:
>>1. Will NOT stop on errors (disk write errors) but it will continue until
>>all disk is done
>>or
>>2. Will allow me to choose sectors to overwrite.
>>Thanks,
>>Fred

>
> Check the manufacturer's website and see if it has a utility for
> completely erasing the drive.



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
ANONYMOUS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive
Download a trial version from here:

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/do...drivecleanser/

hth


Fred wrote:

>Hello,
> I am looking for the recommendation of utilty erasing data from
>harddrive.
>I need the utilty which:
>1. Will NOT stop on errors (disk write errors) but it will continue until
>all disk is done
>or
>2. Will allow me to choose sectors to overwrite.
>Thanks,
>Fred
>
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2009
Fred
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Erasing data from harddrive
Does it allow you to select sectors or will it not stop on errors?

"SPAMCOP User" <spamcop_user@no_mail.haha> wrote in message
news:%23yQsxOCKKHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I use ERASER which is a boot CD & takes 8 - 72 hours to government wipe
>hard drives
>
> --
> SPAMCOP User
>
>
> "Fred" <replyto@it> wrote in message
> news:OGdtIZBKKHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> not true at all
>>
>> "olfart" <olfart65@excite.com> wrote in message
>> news:7fqp3vF2l5dudU1@mid.individual.net...
>>>
>>> "Fred" <replyto@it> wrote in message
>>> news:OGaVVOBKKHA.1724@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>
>>>> I tried now. It is not good.
>>>> Not only does not allow me to select clusters but it does not see my
>>>> hard drive at all!
>>>> (Partitions were removed by Western Digital utility software)
>>>> Fred
>>>>
>>> if the partitions were removed so was the data
>>>

>>
>>

>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Korea DDOS virus mission shifts to destroying, erasing data Steve Security News 0 07-10-2009 09:40
Erasing ? Athos microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 05-03-2009 00:29
Swedish ISP Thwarts Copyright Cops by Erasing Data Steve Security News 0 04-29-2009 03:20
Security World: Software for erasing sensitive smartphone data Steve Security News 0 10-06-2008 14:30
How do I format the E Drive without erasing the data? schne017 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 07-29-2008 21:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120