Laptop Screen went black and acted like it was going to shut down.

FaiLthps

Laptop Screen went black and acted like it was going to shut down.
Well i've had my hp laptop for about 2 1/2 weeks and i've had 2 problems with it. one of them is i had a driver error for this program i installed so i just uninstalled it. thats taken care of. and the one im having right now. only happend once. is my laptop screen randomly went black. and at the time i was playing Counter Strike Source. and on Skype and i had one FireFox open. and then the screen went black and the game froze. and skipped. but i could still talk to my friend for about 4 seconds then it acted like it was going to shutdown. but didn't so i hit the power button. and here i'am. and i really hope i can resolve this problem. oh and if i cant. do you think HP will take my laptop? i have a 1 year warrenty. but i havn't gotten the accidental damage. coverage.

pupick

Re: Laptop Screen went black and acted like it was going to shut down.
I bet the laptop was giving off enough heat out of its vents to melt an
igloo when that happened.

Dion Lee

Re: Laptop Screen went black and acted like it was going to shut down.
Hi there,It sounds like it could be a video driver problem or video
card.Seeing the fact that you have freezing and blank screens.I would start
with the driver for your video card.make sure you check with your computer
brand.And if fails? try to system restore your computer.,That should do the
trick.If this dose not work.Its could may well be the video card.Seeing
though its under warrenty thay will replace it for no charge .Let me know
what happens.Dion
"FaiLthps" wrote in message news:evEMb5GnJHA.5420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Well i've had my hp laptop for about 2 1/2 weeks and i've had 2 problems
> with it. one of them is i had a driver error for this program i installed
> so i just uninstalled it. thats taken care of. and the one im having right
> now. only happend once. is my laptop screen randomly went black. and at
> the time i was playing Counter Strike Source. and on Skype and i had one
> FireFox open. and then the screen went black and the game froze. and
> skipped. but i could still talk to my friend for about 4 seconds then it
> acted like it was going to shutdown. but didn't so i hit the power button.
> and here i'am. and i really hope i can resolve this problem. oh and if i
> cant. do you think HP will take my laptop? i have a 1 year warrenty. but i
> havn't gotten the accidental damage. coverage.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

serpentracer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Laptop Screen went black and acted like it was going to shut down.
that is definitely a video card driver crash from a hot video card.
it's actually normal.
you might want to adjust some of it's settings to keep it cool. you have them maxed out or close to it I bet.
13th_Panther's Avatar

13th_Panther is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Laptop Screen went black and acted like it was going to shut down.
been there done that it is a problum with the video card getting how if the video card is getting hot then the cpu is also.
13th_Panther's Avatar

13th_Panther is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Laptop Screen went black and acted like it was going to shut down.
also you can go into the bios to see just how the system fans are set to most of the time you can set or have them set to 100 % at serten temps.