Power Supply Problem?!

Leon_Amirreza

Power Supply Problem?!
Hi, I know this may not be related to Vista but did know any better place to
post my question (More appropriate weblogs and links are appriciated):

when I turn on the computer test the chasis (the metal cover) of my power
supply with a Continuity Tester suprisingly the screwdriver lights!

any clues whats the problem and how should I avoid it? I know i can short
circuit the case to ground to protected users from shock but it may cause
power leakege (and more energy consumption) and its not a long term
solution.

what should I do to detect to problem and solve it!?

Smithsonian

Re: Power Supply Problem?!
Sounds like there may be a wire inside your computer thats touching the
cover.

"Leon_Amirreza" <r_rahmaty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I know this may not be related to Vista but did know any better place
> to post my question (More appropriate weblogs and links are appriciated):
>
> when I turn on the computer test the chasis (the metal cover) of my power
> supply with a Continuity Tester suprisingly the screwdriver lights!
>
> any clues whats the problem and how should I avoid it? I know i can short
> circuit the case to ground to protected users from shock but it may cause
> power leakege (and more energy consumption) and its not a long term
> solution.
>
> what should I do to detect to problem and solve it!?

Mick Murphy

RE: Power Supply Problem?!
You have already been told to take it to a Computer Technician.
Follow that advice, and stop reposting!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia