Strange Occurance

Ben Ramsay

Strange Occurance
I have 2 Compaq Presario F500 Laptops I have setup both using the same
software and hardware configuration, with exception to the memory which is
installed as 2 x 512mb on one and a 1GB on the other.

I have run an assessment on both an one ret3.0 and the other returns a 2.4

Why is this so ???

I have trawlled through both systems to attempt to find the reason but I am
at a lost to find it, Any person with any ideas on why tis is the case would
be great.

Bistey Csaba

Re: Strange Occurance
Well you can check which subscore (Processor,Memory,Primary Hard
Disk,Graphics, Gaming Graphics) is differ at Control Panel->Performance
Rating and Tools.

Mine returns 1.0 (as it was tested with nvidia driver shipped with Vista )

Csaba

Ben Ramsay wrote:
> I have 2 Compaq Presario F500 Laptops I have setup both using the same
> software and hardware configuration, with exception to the memory which
> is installed as 2 x 512mb on one and a 1GB on the other.
>
> I have run an assessment on both an one ret3.0 and the other returns a 2.4
>
> Why is this so ???
>
> I have trawlled through both systems to attempt to find the reason but I
> am at a lost to find it, Any person with any ideas on why tis is the
> case would be great.

MafiaLord91

RE: Strange Occurance
If the one with the dual 512 mb sticks is the 3.0 machine the ram installed could be dual channel. Another reason may be a different clock speed on the ram installed in the two computers.

Ben Ramsay

Re: Strange Occurance
As far as i am aware the memory for both systems is 5300 667 SODIM memory,
the same specs as the one that was
originally installed in the computers when I purchased it. The both came
with 512 to start with, one 512 was transfered to another to bring it to 1GB
and a 1GB SODIMM modual was purchased using the specs provided on the
original 512 which matched the other 512.

MafiaLord91

RE: Strange Occurance
I don't know how exactly that happened but which one is the higher score the 1 GB or the 512 MB?

Oh and Bistey Csaba my desktop returns a perfect 5.9

Jay Moore

Re: Strange Occurance
Modern laptops can dual-chanel memory. two sticks of 512 will run "faster"
than a single 1GB stick. simple fact.

it would of been helpful to know exactly WHICH subsystem score was holding
you back. if it's ram..then you can bet it's because you're running 2x512 in
one and 1x1024 in the other.
"Ben Ramsay" <benramsay@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> As far as i am aware the memory for both systems is 5300 667 SODIM memory,
> the same specs as the one that was
> originally installed in the computers when I purchased it. The both came
> with 512 to start with, one 512 was transfered to another to bring it to
> 1GB and a 1GB SODIMM modual was purchased using the specs provided on the
> original 512 which matched the other 512.

James

RE: Strange Occurance
Strange Indeed...Anyway I'm using WinBubble for a long time now and I
remember It has a feature to HACK your WEI score. just find it and download
the program, here:

http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2007...tures-gap.html

just go to the main site and search for the hacking it manually.