Mouse and Keyboard PS2 for VISTA

Carla

Mouse and Keyboard PS2 for VISTA
Hello everyone

I have bought a new PC a couple of months ago, with OS Windows Vista Home
Premium 32 bits.
My computador, just like most PCs these days, came with Wireless Keyboard
and Mouse, connected to the PC by UBS 2.0.
I've been working fine with it, but I know sometimes PC's have problems with
USB Equipments: they are not recognize it, the USB door does not work
anymore, etc. In case one of these problems afects my PC, I want to have a
Mouse and Keyboard with connection PS2. I've been searching in some stores
for it, but the problem is that, in the requirements, it says the OS is
Windows 2000/XP; they never mentioned Windows Vista. I can't find any that
says it's compatible with Windows Vista!
My question: can I buy one of these Keyboards and Mouses and Vista recognize
it?
Do you know any keyboards and mouses PS2 that work fine with Vista?

Thanks in advance
Hu Ru

Re: Mouse and Keyboard PS2 for VISTA

[...]

I will go out on a very long limb and say the the wired Microsoft keyboards
and optical mice will work with Vista. Am using new Compaq Vista desktop
and MS Multimedia Keyboard 1.0 and and MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000, both
connected via PS/2 ports. The only current PS/2 keyboard shown at MS is
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...Requi rements
says works with Vista. The MS optical mice that are labelled USB/PS/2 come
with a green PS/2 adapter.
This is MS blurb on their keyboards
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...=v&cid=404&g=d

The PS/2 connection will be wired and not the wireless that came with you
computer.

I am much happier with the sleep function on my machine with PS/2 keyboard -
hit the sleep button, off it goes. My XP machine has new MS USB only
keyboard, no sleep button. In general I have stuck with MS keyboards and
mice and have liked them.

SyberKool

RE: Mouse and Keyboard PS2 for VISTA
I just upgraded my laptop to Vista Home Premium. I use a Logitech wireless
trackball, but I had to check the website for the new driver. Most hardware
is still Windows 2000/XP compatible, but update drivers are being released
for Vista. I recommend checking sites first, download them, and then buy the
hardware. I lucked out, but not everyone will.
--
SyberKool

"Carla" wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I have bought a new PC a couple of months ago, with OS Windows Vista Home
> Premium 32 bits.
> My computador, just like most PCs these days, came with Wireless Keyboard
> and Mouse, connected to the PC by UBS 2.0.
> I've been working fine with it, but I know sometimes PC's have problems with
> USB Equipments: they are not recognize it, the USB door does not work
> anymore, etc. In case one of these problems afects my PC, I want to have a
> Mouse and Keyboard with connection PS2. I've been searching in some stores
> for it, but the problem is that, in the requirements, it says the OS is
> Windows 2000/XP; they never mentioned Windows Vista. I can't find any that
> says it's compatible with Windows Vista!
> My question: can I buy one of these Keyboards and Mouses and Vista recognize
> it?
> Do you know any keyboards and mouses PS2 that work fine with Vista?
>
> Thanks in advance

Jay Moore

Re: Mouse and Keyboard PS2 for VISTA
Wow, this is almost as crazy as the "why does my router have system
requirements" i was asked one day in panera.

Most PC's these days are shifting to USB components, it's an easier move
and..I've never had problems with devices not being recgonized...that
generally only happens when you have a driver issue.

Vista has PS/2 support..in fact, my laptop's keyboard and trackpad
apparently use the PS/2 interface internally. I found this out when my PS/2
driver failed to load and was forced to use a USB keyboard and mouse.

simply put...yes. vista will recgonize the keyboard/mouse on the ps/2 port
if you absolutely feel the need to do this. you actually don't need any
special drivers for a keyboard/mouse...even USB ones have a basic support
mode built in so you can just plug and go...generally when you want to
access more advanced features of the hardware is when you need the
drivers...like programming hotkeys and such..but honestly..i used a usb
kb/mouse for 7 years on XP and never had one bit of issue with it detecting
them.

a keyboard is a keyboard..i don't know why they put OS's on them...the USB
keyboard i bought at the mac store worked on my PC..despite saying NOTHING
about Windows...hmm...

seriously, you people are reading WAYYYYYY too far into this whole driver
issue...a lot of things have basic support...keyboards being the vital.