Hi every one, I have been wondering something, I have a motherboard with
1600 MHz FSB support. My current cpu is a 1333 MHz one, and my rams are
DDR-2 667, which means 1333 mhz. So my FSB
RAM ratio is 1:1.
P.SO.: I do not over clock my system.
The questions I have are these:
Since my CPU is 1333, if I install DDR-2 800 rams, my ratio will be 5:4 or
something like that.
1. Will my rams slow down to the FSB of the CPU?
2. If yes, what is the point in installing faster rams if they are slowing
down to the FSB of the CPU?
3. If there is a benefit, what is it?
4. If rams are faster, do they somehow increase the performance of the
graphics cards? (For, both ATI and NVIDIA make use of the system ram Hyper
Memory and Turbo Cache)
5. Wouldn't it be effected by CPU's FSB? Lets say you have a DDR-4 graphics
card, and your rams are DDR-2 800, rams are slower than the card, and CPU is
slower than both of them.
If somebody can answer these I will appreciate a lot. I could not find any
satisfactory answers so far.
Thanks in advance.