Performance Scores! Post yours Here and your Specs

Jason

Performance Scores! Post yours Here and your Specs
Let see what people fair...

lolsonjr

RE: Performance Scores! Post yours Here and your Specs
All right but, darn I suspect mine are not that great.  The overall number is 3.0 with the processor being 4.9, memory 4.5, graphics 3.2, gaming graphics 3.0, and primary disk at 5.8.  Since I do not much about everything that means, I am not exactly sure if this real bad or ok.

Donald McDaniel

"lolsonjr" wrote in message
> All right but, darn I suspect mine are not that great.  The
> overall number is 3.0 with the processor being 4.9, memory 4.5,
> graphics 3.2, gaming graphics 3.0, and primary disk at 5.8.
> Since I do not much about everything that means, I am not exactly
> sure if this real bad or ok.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Actually, for your machine it's probably good. To
Most other Vista machines, however have much better scores.

An example (my machine, which is in the middle of the upper range for
personal computers):
This machine was built from off-the-shelf parts chosen by me, and built
in the shop where I purchased them.

Intel G33TL motherboard
Deluxe Case with 650 Watt Power supply (this case is HEAVY DUTY, as well
as being very heavy, weight-wise) The steel is MUCH thicker than the
last machine I purchased.
2x Case Fans (Intake, Exaust)
1x CPU fan
1x Video card fan
Various types of temperature probes, etc.
Intel Core2 Duo CPU @ 2.66GHz
2x 2GB Dual-channel DD2 modules @ 667MHz (matched pair), for total of
4GB
500GB SATA-II HD (internal)
DVD dual layer/CD writer (internal SATA)
eVGA nVidia 8800GS DVI-D (PCI-E) card.
Onboard Hi-Def (7.1) Sound (C-Media) (on motherboard (currently
disabled)
Front multi-function (SDFlash of various sizes/kinds) card
6x USB 2.0 ports (Backside, on motherboard); 3x USB 2.0 Ports
(Frontside, in above card)
2x Firewire 400 (one Backside, on motherboard; one Frontside, in above
card)
8 SATA connectors (motherboard), 2 IDE connectors (motherboard)
2x PCI-E (1 x16, one x8): the eVGA display card is in the first, the
second is open
2x PCI (currently open)
1x e-SATA (motherboard -- currently open.)
0x Floppy (motherboard does not support floppy).

All my USB 2 ports (6 back, 3 front) are pretty-much tied up with
external devices. So this machine carries a heavy load.

OS: Vista Ultimate w/SP1, and fully-updated
Software: Standard Windows products, such as Office 2007 Enterprise,
McAfee Security Suite 2008, WinTV, etc.

Windows Experience base score: 5.5

Subscores:
Processor: 5.5
RAM: 5.9
Graphics (Desktop): 5.9
Graphics (Gaming): 5.9
Primary hard disk: 5.7

You can see that my machine is hobbled-down with a slower Core2 Duo
processor, thus the lower base index score.
It is better that it's the processor which has the lowest score, rather
than the HD, in my opinion.
Since I dont have RAID activated, my HD is also slower than it could be
if I were to use RAID, rather than IDE with DMA-6 (i.e., "ATA-133")
mode.

When I had this machine built, I told them I wanted a matched-pair of
DDR2 RAM, so I could run it as Dual-Channel.
(If one desn't install RAM as "Dual-channel", the memory speed drops by
50%, by the way.)
While I did find a matched pair installed, they were installed
IMPROPERLY (they were both installed in Channel A) to run as Dual
Channel, so I reinstalled them properly, which doubled Memory speed.
(Module #1 in Channel A, slot 0, Module #2 in Channel B, slot 0). There
are 4 slots on my MB, divided into two channels having 2 slots each, for
a total capacity of 8GB.)

At any rate, this machine is "slicker than snot on a wet doorknob" and
"faster than the wind", along with being cool, quiet, and fun to use.
I'm afraid that if I speed the machine up any more, it will take-off
into Space, leaving me behind!!!

For what I do, this machine is more than adequate, and it should give me
several years of productive work, as long as I take care of it properly.

--

Donald L McDaniel
Please respond to the correct message.

Donald L McDaniel
Please respond to the correct message.

lolsonjr

RE: Performance Scores! Post yours Here and your Specs
Nice machine though.  32 bit or 64 bit Vista?????  One thing I have been surprised at is that they have been pretty much stuck at around 4 ghz. or so for quite a while now.  And I gather it be a while longer before faster really comes????    Actually I wish I knew enough about overclocking to really try it.  But, I would need a lot more than I know right now to begin to attempt it.  Thanks for the info.