SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the problem?

Shankp

SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the problem?
I have a SD card but it can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have
tried serval times and format it fully but it's still can't be read. Then I
tried other SD card and it can be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. So I think
it would be some problems with my SD card and then I use my roomate's
computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to read my SD card. It is fine to
read the card.
Can anybody tell me what's going on ?

C.Skaggs

Re: SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the problem?
Is it an SDHC sd card?
If so, it takes an SDHC enabled card reader.

"Shankp" <thoughtskp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a SD card but it can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have
>tried serval times and format it fully but it's still can't be read. Then I
>tried other SD card and it can be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. So I
>think it would be some problems with my SD card and then I use my roomate's
>computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to read my SD card. It is fine to
>read the card.
> Can anybody tell me what's going on ?

Shankp

Re: SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the problem?
No, it isn't. It is a SanDisk Standard SD Card.
"C.Skaggs" <fishyfool@yahoo.com> дϢ
> Is it an SDHC sd card?
> If so, it takes an SDHC enabled card reader.
>
> "Shankp" <thoughtskp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a SD card but it can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have
>>tried serval times and format it fully but it's still can't be read. Then
>>I tried other SD card and it can be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. So I
>>think it would be some problems with my SD card and then I use my
>>roomate's computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to read my SD card. It
>>is fine to read the card.
>> Can anybody tell me what's going on ?

Gman

RE: SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the proble
Hello Shankp,

I was dealing with same problem for quite some time now, until I decided to
do something crazy. What I did was, after installing Vista, I installed the
driver for the SD card reader on Vista and it is working verywell I must say.
The driver is 'Texas Instrument PCIxx 20. If you cannot find it, let me
know and email it to you. Later.

Regards,

Gman

"Shankp" wrote:

> I have a SD card but it can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have
> tried serval times and format it fully but it's still can't be read. Then I
> tried other SD card and it can be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. So I think
> it would be some problems with my SD card and then I use my roomate's
> computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to read my SD card. It is fine to
> read the card.
> Can anybody tell me what's going on ?

Kirkers

RE: SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the pr
My Ricoh card reader driver from Dell did not help. SP1 killed it anyway...
So much for fixes from MS... The medicine is worse than the disease.