How to contact Microsoft

C.B.

How to contact Microsoft
Several days ago I posted a question concerning the inability of my
Microsoft Fingerprint Reader to function. I did not receive answers from
anyone in the discussion groups. I spent several hours over several days
speaking to a Microsoft tech support supervisor trying to get it to work, to
no avail, and the case was closed by Microsoft as having no solution
available.
This was not acceptable to me, being the curious person I am. I
decided, what the hell, I'll just uninstall my OS, reformat and do a clean
install. During the install I installed each and every update and
application one at a time, checking the function of my fingerprint reader
after each update and application, rebooting after each one. I had many
updates and applications to install so it took me two days to discover the
problem.
The application preventing the fingerprint reader from functioning is a
Microsoft application contained in one of Microsoft's programs. It is the
"Windows Live Installer" included in Windows Live Mail. I uninstalled
Windows Live Installer and the fingerprint reader works perfectly.
Uninstalling this application has caused no problems so far.
Once the OS and all of my programs were installed I decided to download
and install Vista SP1 once again to determine if the problem would reoccur
with SP1. It did not. Everything works perfectly and my OS is lightning fast
with SP1 once again installed.
My problem is this: I have tried to send a support email to Microsoft
explaining the fix to the fingerprint reader problem so as to save them a
lot of time and money. I'm certain Microsoft will be able to alter the
application to make it compatible with the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader. It
should be a simple matter for them to do so. I discovered, reading many
forums, that thousands of people are having this same problem. The Microsoft
support page could not verify the product number of my fingerprint reader so
I was not able to send the information. I called Microsoft Support and they
don't see to be interested. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $35.00 to
send a support email and notify Microsoft of a Microsoft problem.
I want nothing from Microsoft; not a thank you, not recognition, not a
free product, not anything. Can anyone provide me with the proper support
email address I can send this information to, or can anyone do it for me? I
would appreciate it very much as I don't want other people to suffer the
frustrations and aggravations I suffered while trying to get this product to
work properly.
Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

Bob F.

Re: How to contact Microsoft
"C.B." <notreallyc.b.mullen@windowslive.com> wrote in message
> Several days ago I posted a question concerning the inability of my
> Microsoft Fingerprint Reader to function. I did not receive answers from
> anyone in the discussion groups. I spent several hours over several days
> speaking to a Microsoft tech support supervisor trying to get it to work,
> to no avail, and the case was closed by Microsoft as having no solution
> available.
> This was not acceptable to me, being the curious person I am. I
> decided, what the hell, I'll just uninstall my OS, reformat and do a clean
> install. During the install I installed each and every update and
> application one at a time, checking the function of my fingerprint reader
> after each update and application, rebooting after each one. I had many
> updates and applications to install so it took me two days to discover the
> problem.
> The application preventing the fingerprint reader from functioning is
> a Microsoft application contained in one of Microsoft's programs. It is
> the "Windows Live Installer" included in Windows Live Mail. I uninstalled
> Windows Live Installer and the fingerprint reader works perfectly.
> Uninstalling this application has caused no problems so far.
> Once the OS and all of my programs were installed I decided to
> download and install Vista SP1 once again to determine if the problem
> would reoccur with SP1. It did not. Everything works perfectly and my OS
> is lightning fast with SP1 once again installed.
> My problem is this: I have tried to send a support email to Microsoft
> explaining the fix to the fingerprint reader problem so as to save them a
> lot of time and money. I'm certain Microsoft will be able to alter the
> application to make it compatible with the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader.
> It should be a simple matter for them to do so. I discovered, reading many
> forums, that thousands of people are having this same problem. The
> Microsoft support page could not verify the product number of my
> fingerprint reader so I was not able to send the information. I called
> Microsoft Support and they don't see to be interested. I'll be damned if
> I'm going to pay $35.00 to send a support email and notify Microsoft of a
> Microsoft problem.
> I want nothing from Microsoft; not a thank you, not recognition, not a
> free product, not anything. Can anyone provide me with the proper support
> email address I can send this information to, or can anyone do it for me?
> I would appreciate it very much as I don't want other people to suffer the
> frustrations and aggravations I suffered while trying to get this product
> to work properly.
> Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.
>
> C.B.
>

> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
> and unfortunate among us.

So document it that. Detail, by item, how many hours you spent trouble
shooting and debugging the problem. Total it all at $100 / hr and send MS
the bill, to account payable. Mention if you don't hear from them you will
have to elevate the situation.

--
BobF.
Lincoln actually got it right but was way ahead of his time when he said,

zachd [MSFT]

Re: How to contact Microsoft

What's the SRX number?

--
Speaking for myself only.

> [...]
> fingerprint reader so I was not able to send the information. I called
> Microsoft Support and they don't see to be interested. I'll be damned if
> I'm going to pay $35.00 to send a support email and notify Microsoft of a
> Microsoft problem.
> I want nothing from Microsoft; not a thank you, not recognition, not a
> free product, not anything. Can anyone provide me with the proper support
> email address I can send this information to, or can anyone do it for me?
> I would appreciate it very much as I don't want other people to suffer the
> frustrations and aggravations I suffered while trying to get this product
> to work properly.
> Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.
>
> C.B.
>

> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

C.B.

Re: How to contact Microsoft

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>> fingerprint reader so I was not able to send the information. I called
>> Microsoft Support and they don't see to be interested. I'll be damned if
>> I'm going to pay $35.00 to send a support email and notify Microsoft of a
>> Microsoft problem.
>> I want nothing from Microsoft; not a thank you, not recognition, not
>> a free product, not anything. Can anyone provide me with the proper
>> support email address I can send this information to, or can anyone do it
>> for me? I would appreciate it very much as I don't want other people to
>> suffer the frustrations and aggravations I suffered while trying to get
>> this product to work properly.
>> Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.
>>
>> C.B.
>>

>> --
>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

Zachd,

I don't have a clue as to what SRX means. The number just under the
barcode is P/NX800163-001PID75810-600-2843164-0 0743. Model number is
1043. The two numbers on the bottom are p/nX800139-003 and
E-C033-04-2789(B).
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I appreciate it very much.
Again, I am only trying to help other people with this problem.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

alexB

Re: How to contact Microsoft
Hi C.B.

It is always interesting to read your posts and I am glad I read this one.
Once you mentioned that you research every issue meticulously and it is
clearly seen from your posts. They are great, clear and simple.

I am glad that I read this for yet another reason.

Yesterday I posted on MSDN two bugs in VS2005/VS2008. I've had them for
years and I am sure other people have run into them. I am kind of certain
they have been reported already. My posts arose little interest as far as I
could see but taken seriously by MS pros. I could see it from their
documented the problems.

They gave me a link where the users go and report bugs. This is the link:
https://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...?wa=wsignin1.0
It is so called Visual Studio & .NET Framework
Product Feedback Center .

First I balked at it. I hate to waste time but then decided to try. I went
there today and tried to navigate thru the maze of options.I was really
shocked. There was a long list of products, I had hard time finding VS2005
related link. No VS2008 was mentioned at all. I kept going.

After a while I got to the feedback page. Ambiguous questions which did not
seem to pertain to why I was there. I tried to paste my previous post in one
of the windows. A red line appeared that the messages should not be longer
than 1444 characters, I think. I cut it in half. The same thing. Then I
entered "No" in all windows and the same red line kept coming.

I thru in a towel, closed the page and posted a message at MSDN forum that I
could not do it for the lack of time.

Now, there was a number over there as to the total number of bugs reported.
It seems to be over 80,000 or so.

Now, the points I am trying to make.

1. The whole experience did not make me angry. If you want bug free
software, shut your machine off and wait another three hundred years. I am a
developer myself and know how difficult it is to make things perfect, bug
free,

2. I encourage you to try the link I posted. I think they mentioned Live
Mail in there but I am not sure. With your incredible determination you may
be able to bulldoze thru the whole maze and make a report. Perhaps you will
even share experience and I make another try.

3. I am sure MS has departments filled with software engineers who deals
with bugs of various sorts. They are working tirelessly but they cannot
immediately respond to any bug that is discovered. Some software have low
priority or slated for demolition so to speak. Be understanding.

4. An experience like this would make fodder for scoundrels like Al-ALias
who enjoy any problem, even a tiny one MS has. They will have problems bu
tthey are also working hard to resolve them.

> [...]
> fingerprint reader so I was not able to send the information. I called
> Microsoft Support and they don't see to be interested. I'll be damned if
> I'm going to pay $35.00 to send a support email and notify Microsoft of a
> Microsoft problem.
> I want nothing from Microsoft; not a thank you, not recognition, not a
> free product, not anything. Can anyone provide me with the proper support
> email address I can send this information to, or can anyone do it for me?
> I would appreciate it very much as I don't want other people to suffer the
> frustrations and aggravations I suffered while trying to get this product
> to work properly.
> Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.
>
> C.B.
>

> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

Colin Barnhorst

Re: How to contact Microsoft
The SRX is the number the MS support person gave you when you contacted MS
for assistance. It is your service request number.

> [...]
>>> get this product to work properly.
>>> Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.
>>>
>>> C.B.
>>>

>>> --
>>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the
>>> underprivileged and unfortunate among us.

> Zachd,
>
> I don't have a clue as to what SRX means. The number just under the
> barcode is P/NX800163-001PID75810-600-2843164-0 0743. Model number is
> 1043. The two numbers on the bottom are p/nX800139-003 and
> E-C033-04-2789(B).
> Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I appreciate it very much.
> Again, I am only trying to help other people with this problem.
>
> C.B.
>

> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

C.B.

Re: How to contact Microsoft
Zachd,

Please excuse my stupidity. I learned what the SRX number is from Colin
Barnhorst's reply. It is SRX1058732464ID. Again, thank you for your
assistance.

> [...]

>> fingerprint reader so I was not able to send the information. I called
>> Microsoft Support and they don't see to be interested. I'll be damned if
>> I'm going to pay $35.00 to send a support email and notify Microsoft of a
>> Microsoft problem.
>> I want nothing from Microsoft; not a thank you, not recognition, not
>> a free product, not anything. Can anyone provide me with the proper
>> support email address I can send this information to, or can anyone do it
>> for me? I would appreciate it very much as I don't want other people to
>> suffer the frustrations and aggravations I suffered while trying to get
>> this product to work properly.
>> Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.
>>
>> C.B.
>>

>> --
>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

C.B.

Re: How to contact Microsoft
Mr. Barnhorst,

Thank you very much for your assistance and please excuse my ignorance.

"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The SRX is the number the MS support person gave you when you contacted MS
> for assistance. It is your service request number.
>
> "C.B." <notreallyc.b.mullen@windowslive.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What's the SRX number?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>> rights.
>>> --
>>>
>>> "C.B." <notreallyc.b.mullen@windowslive.com> wrote in message

>> Zachd,
>>
>> I don't have a clue as to what SRX means. The number just under the
>> barcode is P/NX800163-001PID75810-600-2843164-0 0743. Model number is
>> 1043. The two numbers on the bottom are p/nX800139-003 and
>> E-C033-04-2789(B).
>> Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I appreciate it very much.
>> Again, I am only trying to help other people with this problem.
>>
>> C.B.
>>

>> --
>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
>> and unfortunate among us.

C.B.

Re: How to contact Microsoft
Hey Alex,

Long time no see. Anyway, thank you very much for the link. I
appreciate your assistance. In the event you do not have it, I have posted a
link to Microsoft's development team whereby you may make suggestions as to
new products for Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/o...deaSubmit.mspx

"alexB" <alexb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>> fingerprint reader so I was not able to send the information. I called
>> Microsoft Support and they don't see to be interested. I'll be damned if
>> I'm going to pay $35.00 to send a support email and notify Microsoft of a
>> Microsoft problem.
>> I want nothing from Microsoft; not a thank you, not recognition, not
>> a free product, not anything. Can anyone provide me with the proper
>> support email address I can send this information to, or can anyone do it
>> for me? I would appreciate it very much as I don't want other people to
>> suffer the frustrations and aggravations I suffered while trying to get
>> this product to work properly.
>> Thank you in advance for any information you may wish to provide.
>>
>> C.B.
>>

>> --
>> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

Colin Barnhorst

Re: How to contact Microsoft
What ignorance? How are you going to know if you don't ask?