Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?

Andrea M. Gates

Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
Which video adpater, single card, support dual display in Vista? Prefer low
cost cards.

For office use in 4 buildings, around 200 systems.
Not for game. No need for fancy graphics.

~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:.

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a nVidia
6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.

--
~Alex T~
..:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.

"~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
> are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
> nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
>
> --
> ~Alex T~
> .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
> .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.

We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual
monitor display.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx

Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display
that work with Vista?

DL

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
There are dozens to choose from

> "~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in
> message
>> Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
>> are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
>> nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
>>
>> --
>> ~Alex T~
>> .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
>> .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.
>>

> We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
> But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual
> monitor display.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx
>
> Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display
> that work with Vista?

p.jayant

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE which has the feature for connecting a
second display but I have not used it.

P. Jayant

mikeyhsd

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
ATI 2600 series will support dual monitors in one card.
get the one one need for analog or digital output.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Andrea M. Gates" <Andrea.Gates.no.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23hPsfiiXIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Which video adpater, single card, support dual display in Vista? Prefer low
cost cards.

For office use in 4 buildings, around 200 systems.
Not for game. No need for fancy graphics.

Dave

Re: Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista?
I'm using a nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX with Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Wasn't cheap, tho.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Andrea M. Gates" <Andrea.Gates.no.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in
> message
>> Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
>> are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
>> nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
>>
>> --
>> ~Alex T~
>> .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
>> .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.
>>

> We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
> But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual
> monitor display.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx
>
> Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display
> that work with Vista?

The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy'

Dave wrote:
> I'm using a nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX with Vista Home Premium 32 bit
> Wasn't cheap, tho.

"Andrea M. Gates" <Andrea.Gates.no.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:." <makaveli213@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Any nVidia or ATi card that has dual ports should work. As long as there
>> are drivers out there for Vista for that card it will work. I run a
>> nVidia 6800 with Dual Monitors setup easily.
>>
>> --
>> ~Alex T~
>> .:~A.K.A. Makaveli213~:.
>> .:MVP Windows Shell/User:.
>>

> We have Nvidia GeForce FX5500 in most of these systems already.
> But when we add another ATI Radeon X1050 adapter, Vista do not allow dual monitor display.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...imonVista.mspx
>
> Please specifically tell me which adpater has dual ports for dual display that work with Vista?

We use Lenovo ATI1300s, not expensive and supports dual monitor in
Vista. Please note that it does not support DX10 though.

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group -
Submit your nomination at the link below:

View nominations already submitted:
http://htmlgear.tripod.com/guest/con...dom&i=1&a=view

"Fair use is not merely a nice concept--it is a federal law based on
free speech rights under the First Amendment and is a cornerstone of the
creativity and innovation that is a hallmark of this country. Consumer
rights in the digital age are not frivolous."
- Maura Corbett

ajbabao is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nvidia's 8600GT and or nvdia's business and graphics,multimedia Quadro Model should be helpful for business use. ATI may also have dual Digital output for two screens. The 8500GT uses one digital and one analog output. both can be used simultaneously.
98 Guy

"Andrea M. Gates" wrote:

> Which video adpater, single card, support dual display in Vista?

Why did you include a windows-98 newsgroup in your cross-posting?