What is wrong with windows vista?

James Matthews

What is wrong with windows vista?
hi,

I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
who's fault that is! The company that made the app!

Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
resolve them!

Thanks
James
--

http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
http://www.goldwatches.com/

Bill

Re: What is wrong with windows vista?
Before I got my new system with Vista I knew what was not up dated by other
vendors and was prepared. Fro example I called HP about my HP printer and
they said they would not be issuing drivers for Vista. So go buy one. That
was an HP decision not MS. So I think that applied across the board

Now some people will tell you to go buy Mugabe software...now that is one
crazy piece of OS. A friend of mine tried it and after three days it still
would not install. The name alone should tell you to run like hell!

Bill

"James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
> Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
> who's fault that is! The company that made the app!
>
> Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
> resolve them!
>

> Thanks
> James
> --
>
> http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
> http://www.goldwatches.com/
> http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

Man-wai Chang ToDie

Re: What is wrong with windows vista?
> Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we
> can resolve them!

You talking about 64-bit Vi$ta?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: What is wrong with windows vista?
Any operating system can be a problem if the neccessary reseach is not done
before deploying. This applies to Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS X. Every
new version of an OS certain to be disruptive in some way, either an
application or device will not work.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
> Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
> who's fault that is! The company that made the app!
>
> Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
> resolve them!
>

> Thanks
> James
> --
>
> http://search.goldwatches.com/?Search=Movado+Watches
> http://www.goldwatches.com/
> http://www.jewelerslounge.com/

ray

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:35:31 +0100, James Matthews wrote:

> hi,
>
> I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is!
> Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess
> who's fault that is! The company that made the app!
>
> Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can
> resolve them!

Seems like the same argument MS folks used to advance about Linux and
bleeding edge hardware. People don't really care whose fault it is - they
want things to WORK.

> Thanks
> James

BENAGLIA

Re: What is wrong with windows vista?
I have a laptop, a pc x64 and a x32 with Vista all I have had no problems at
all with my software or drivers. I connect to 7 different printers + 2 Hp
plotters and all function perfectly. Maybe I'm lucky or is that I was
patient enough to go and search for the right drivers! I also use 3
different scanners with no hassle. Work daily with Photoshop Cs, CorelDraw
Suite 12, Office 2007, Acrobat Read and other oldish software and have only
had problems with filters and add on's.
No operating system works perfectly off the shelf and at the begining even
Xp created hell with drivers and software. MS worked hard on Vista and I
find it definitely more stable and productive then any other operating
system.

AndyB

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
>> Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we
>> can resolve them!

> You talking about 64-bit Vi$ta?

32-bit Vi$ta? Forget it... 32-bit XP is what all users always want.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9
^ ^ 10:33:01 up 3 days 17:28 3 users load average: 0.12 0.11 0.09
? ? (CSSA):
Frank

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
> Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
>
>>> Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we
>>> can resolve them!

>> You talking about 64-bit Vi$ta?
>>

> 32-bit Vi$ta? Forget it... 32-bit XP is what all users always want.

Hey Go-fung-yu..Vista 32 willa kicka your stupid arse all over the flace.
Flucka yu!
Flank
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: What is wrong with windows vista?
"all users always want."
Obviously a FALSE statement.
How can "all" users want one thing when many want something else?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Man-wai Chang ToDie" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:OTw9NK8MIHA.5720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...> 32-bit Vi$ta? Forget
it... 32-bit XP is what all users always want.

> --
> @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9
> ^ ^ 10:33:01 up 3 days 17:28 3 users load average: 0.12 0.11
> 0.09
> ? ? (CSSA):
> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/

James Matthews

Re: What is wrong with windows vista?
Lets look at the big issues with windows xp!

1. All code that is run can be run in Kernel mode (Ring 0) that is like
leaving your front door open!

In vista!

You run as a limited user! Solved!!!