CPU Upgrade Problems?

wf4b@aol.com

CPU Upgrade Problems?
I am running Vista Ultimate with Intel Core duals and an ASUS P5B motherboard. I am going
to upgrade to quads. What problems am I likley to encounter?
Dwarf

RE: CPU Upgrade Problems?
Hi wf4b,

Providing your motherboard can accept this type of processor, there should
be no problems. However, you may need to check for a BIOS update - check with
the motherboard manufacturer's website for details andremember that updating
your BIOS is a risky business that could potentially leave you with a dead
motherboard (update at your own risk). The other problem that you might
encounter is that you would need to reactivate - this would have to be done
on the phone as you are unlikely to be able to do it online. If you have to
do it by phone, be aware that the first time you do it you will fail, but if
you stay on the line you will be put through to an operator who will be able
to assist you.
Dwarf

"wf4b@aol.com" wrote:

> I am running Vista Ultimate with Intel Core duals and an ASUS P5B motherboard. I am going
> to upgrade to quads. What problems am I likley to encounter?

wf4b@aol.com

Re: RE: CPU Upgrade Problems?
Did the upgrade and updated the BIOS. Reactivation was not necessary. Got a 5.9 rating on
my Vista machine! Have only one problem with an External USB hard drive which I'm trying
to resolve.

Thanks