Display Driver Stopped Responding

Luke

Display Driver Stopped Responding
Hi

Every so often my screen goes black for a bit then when it comes back up it
says 'display driver NVLDDMKM has stopped responding and has recovered' the
vista problem reports and solutions says for me to go to the Nvidia website
and update my driver I have several times but still no luck.

Any help?

Luke

Wim Hekken ;-)

Re: Display Driver Stopped Responding
Luke wrote:
> Hi
>
> Every so often my screen goes black for a bit then when it comes back up
> it says 'display driver NVLDDMKM has stopped responding and has
> recovered' the vista problem reports and solutions says for me to go to
> the Nvidia website and update my driver I have several times but still
> no luck.
>
> Any help?
>
> Luke

It isn't a bug but a feature. Your graphics card is rebooting because of
the failure.
It is possible to switch it off, but if you do that your computer will
probably lock-up and have to reboot your computer. Possibly the hard way.
--

Wim Hekken ;-)
Dwarf

RE: Display Driver Stopped Responding
Hi Luke,

I also have the same problem but it only occurs at startup and not every
time. Apart from that, my computer is functioning normally and I don't have
any problems with the graphics, so I can live with this. The following is
taken directly off Nvidia's website:

"For those of you that are using Windows Vista and experiencing any
problems, we've set up a website for bug reporting –
http://www.nvidia.com/vistaqualityassurance. Our product managers will be
reviewing this information daily and will be contacting users to help resolve
any issues they might be experiencing.

These NVIDIA Windows Vista drivers are under development. This version is
not fully optimized for full 3D performance and may not include all available
features available on different operating systems. NVIDIA, along with the
industry, is continuing to update its Windows Vista drivers to ensure maximum
performance on 3D applications and add support for features. These drivers
are provided "AS IS." NVIDIA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY
KIND WHATSOEVER AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, COMPATIBILITY, PERFORMANCE,
APPLICATION OR FUNCTION, AND DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST
EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW."

The only thing I can suggest is that you periodically check the website to
see if there is a new driver version and if there is to download and use that
version (the current version is 163.69 WHQL released TODAY). With a bit of
luck, the bug might be fixed in this or a subsequently updated version.
Dwarf

"Luke" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Every so often my screen goes black for a bit then when it comes back up it
> says 'display driver NVLDDMKM has stopped responding and has recovered' the
> vista problem reports and solutions says for me to go to the Nvidia website
> and update my driver I have several times but still no luck.
>
> Any help?
>
> Luke

Gugus888

On 16 Sep., 15:00, "Wim Hekken ;-)" <a...@b.invalid> wrote:
> Luke wrote:
> > Hi

> > Every so often my screen goes black for a bit then when it comes back up
> > it says 'display driver NVLDDMKM has stopped responding and has
> > recovered' the vista problem reports and solutions says for me to go to
> > the Nvidia website and update my driver I have several times but still
> > no luck.

> > Any help?

> > Luke

> It isn't a bug but a feature. Your graphics card is rebooting because of
> the failure.
> It is possible to switch it off, but if you do that your computer will
> probably lock-up and have to reboot your computer. Possibly the hard way.
> --
>
> Wim Hekken ;-)

Hi

I have also the same problem, but my computer does lock up when this
error happens. I hope Microsoft or/and Nvidia will come up with a
solution soon. Where can I check if rebooting of my grafics card is
switched off?

Thanks for your answer.