Strange sound bites

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

KRWstyle

Strange sound bites
I keep getting strange sound bites while I am on my computer. Sometimes it is
a woman's voice saying "sweet talk". Other times, it sounds like a camera
taking a picture. What is that and how do I get rid of it?
--
KRWstyle-
home based business user
Malke

Re: Strange sound bites
KRWstyle wrote:
> I keep getting strange sound bites while I am on my computer. Sometimes it is
> a woman's voice saying "sweet talk". Other times, it sounds like a camera
> taking a picture. What is that and how do I get rid of it?

I got some interesting Google links while looking for an answer for you,
but nothing helpful for your problem. You've got something running in
the background. Start up the Task Manager and make a note of what you
see. Then use Google to research what things are. You might also look in
the Sounds applet in Control Panel and see if there are any assigned
sounds for non-Microsoft programs and if there are, click to hear them.
Once you've identified the program making the sounds, you can deal with it.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
dean-dean

Re: Strange sound bites
Do you have an Instant Messenger client running in the background (look in
the Notification Area of your Taskbar for its icon). Can you stop it from
running in the background, or, if that's not what you want, at the very
least, configure it to not play event sounds?

"KRWstyle" <KRWstyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting strange sound bites while I am on my computer. Sometimes it
>is
> a woman's voice saying "sweet talk". Other times, it sounds like a camera
> taking a picture. What is that and how do I get rid of it?
> --
> KRWstyle-
> home based business user

huwyngr

Re: Strange sound bites
In article <A7B1E09E-D26F-4987-A067-841732C37F39@microsoft.com>,
KRWstyle wrote:

> Other times, it sounds like a camera*taking a picture.

I get that with, I think, any mouse click that leads to an action but
only when I have the powered speakers on, which is not my normal mode.

I'm not in VISTA at the moment but in XP Pro a search on [Sound] brings
up a list and in the Overviews Section is a link to:

Sounds and Audio Devices overview

I suggest you do a similar search in VISTA and find that link -- Click
on Related Topics on the page that comes up and check out the items
listed.