Internet time won't synch

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

gruntusmc55

Internet time won't synch
Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of the
servers. Please help
Richard Urban

Re: Internet time won't synch
What firewall are you using?

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"gruntusmc55" <gruntusmc55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
> time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of
> the
> servers. Please help

R. McCarty

Re: Internet time won't synch
Try it without DNS translation, just enter 129.6.15.29 in the time
Server box and test to see if it will sync.

"gruntusmc55" <gruntusmc55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
> time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of
> the
> servers. Please help

brink

Re: Internet time won't synch

gruntusmc55;404686 Wrote:
> Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
> time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of
> the
> servers. Please help

Hi,

Check to see if this may help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73...ion.html?ltr=I

Shawn

--
brink

_http://www.vistax64.com/ (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
gruntusmc55

Re: Internet time won't synch
Mcafee

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> What firewall are you using?
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "gruntusmc55" <gruntusmc55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
> > time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of
> > the
> > servers. Please help

gruntusmc55

Re: Internet time won't synch
No it still wouldn't

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> Try it without DNS translation, just enter 129.6.15.29 in the time
> Server box and test to see if it will sync.
>
> "gruntusmc55" <gruntusmc55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
> > time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of
> > the
> > servers. Please help

Ian Betts

Re: Internet time won't synch

"gruntusmc55" <gruntusmc55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
> time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of
> the
> servers. Please help

I find them useless as well, I do not think it works at all.

--
Ian

Richard Urban

Re: Internet time won't synch
There you go!

I have the same problem if I install PCTools Firewall Plus on a computer.
The only time the time syncs is during boot up. I have not been able to find
out what component I have to "allow" internet access for, for the syncing to
perform. Maybe someone else will jump in with the information. This just has
not been important enough for me to research the problem because sync at
boot is fine for me.

--

> Mcafee
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> What firewall are you using?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "gruntusmc55" <gruntusmc55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Every time I try and update my internet time and have it synch with
>> > time.windows.com I recieve and error message. Same with all the rest of
>> > the
>> > servers. Please help

Synapse Syndrome

Re: Internet time won't synch
"Ian Betts" <igb123@talktalk.net> wrote in message

> I find them useless as well, I do not think it works at all.

It works just as well it ever did in XP. Its just the the default servers
maybe overloaded.

There are many NTP servers from all around the world that you could use, and
you should choose one that is near to you. I live in the UK, and I find the
uk.pool.ntp.org works flawlessly for me.

ss.

Rutetuti

Re: Internet time won't synch
Hi,

If you are using Mcafee, go to Firewall, System Services and open the ntp
port 123.
That worked for me.

Cheers