Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

peter spaeth

Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history

I cannot delete my browsing history -- I go through the usual steps to
delete it and it is still there even after a restart. I have the
feeling it isn't deleting temporary internet files either. Thanks for
any help.

--
peter spaeth
Peter Foldes

Re: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history
posted to the IE newsgroup via crosspost

"peter spaeth" <peter.spaeth.2ud0r6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message newseter.spaeth.2ud0r6@no-mx.forums.net...

> I cannot delete my browsing history -- I go through the usual steps to
> delete it and it is still there even after a restart. I have the
> feeling it isn't deleting temporary internet files either. Thanks for
> any help.
>

> --
> peter spaeth

dean-dean

Re: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history
As to your Temporary Internet Files, try moving the "Temporary Internet
Files" folder to a different location, and then move it back to the default
location. If you need to know the default location, post back as to your
Operating System. This will essentially create new Temporary Internet Files
folder.

To do this, go to IE7 > Tools > Internet Options. On the General tab, click
on Settings, under "Browsing history". Then click on Move Folder...

"peter spaeth" <peter.spaeth.2ud0r6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
newseter.spaeth.2ud0r6@no-mx.forums.net...

> I cannot delete my browsing history -- I go through the usual steps to
> delete it and it is still there even after a restart. I have the
> feeling it isn't deleting temporary internet files either. Thanks for
> any help.
>

> --
> peter spaeth

Don Varnau

Re: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history

Hi,
This problem can occur if another program is using / has a lock on the TIF
folder (cache) or History. First try starting IE without add-ons
(right-click the desktop icon.) Will History and TIF clear with add-ons
disabled?

Next try starting up in Safe Mode then clearing History and TIF
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904a11033.mspx

Next you may have to disable individual programs to determine which is
causing the problem.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/deltifonexit.htm for some of the programs
which can cause this problem.
posted to the IE newsgroup via crosspost

"peter spaeth" <peter.spaeth.2ud0r6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
newseter.spaeth.2ud0r6@no-mx.forums.net...

> I cannot delete my browsing history -- I go through the usual steps to
> delete it and it is still there even after a restart. I have the
> feeling it isn't deleting temporary internet files either. Thanks for
> any help.
>

> peter spaeth

Kathleen Dunn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can try One Click Privacy. It will delete all your browsing history, Computer history and many other evidences, all at one click. A good privacy software I found and used. Its your turn now.
JWhittemore

RE: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history
You can work around this using Control Panel >> Internet Options
--
IE7 Delete Browsing History stops working after updates to ZoneLabs
ZoneAlarm Pro

Here's the fix:

- Boot into Safe Mode
- Windows explorer to C:\Windows\Internet Logs
- Search for *.LDA;*.RDB;*.TMP
- Move all that are found to a different folder
- I created and used C:\OldZAPFiles\
- This is for failsafe: you can delete them
- If you delete them then empty recycle bin
- Restart your system

undisclosed

Re: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history

Hi,
My company has created a product that could solve this problem. Our
software, ControlHistory allows you to selectively or completely delete
your history. You can download it from www.controlhistory.com. It
supports
IE (ver. 6+)
Firefox (ver. 3+)
Chrome (ver. 1+)
Google Desktop Search
Many programs like MS Word, Excel, Acrobat Reader, WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc.
that save their history in the Registry.

You can use the software for free to view your history but to be able
to delete it you need a license. The cost of a license is USD 0.99 (99
cents).

--
controlhistory
Richard Urban

Re: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history
<SPAM>

saleemoddin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history
I have tested the above www.controlhistory.com(software) its Very nice to work with.

saleemoddin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Internet Explorer -- cannot delete browsing history
I have tested the above ControlHistory :: Home. Its a good software to work with.