Yahoo Mail, set as default email

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

eeh

Yahoo Mail, set as default email
To add Yahoo Mail to your default programs list so you can select it as your
default mail:
1. Internet search for Yahoo Messenger,
2. Install Yahoo Messenger 8.1,
3. Go to IE Tools/Options/Programs,
4. Yahoo Mail will now be a choice which you can set for your mail,
5. You can then, if you wish, uninstall Yahoo Messenger and Yahoo Toolbar,
6. Now when you "Send Link by Email" your Yahoo Mail will open by default.

gregrocker

Re: Yahoo Mail, set as default email

I have set Yahoo Mail as my default on VISTA but when I click on a mail
link I get only the top few lines of the Yahoo Mail blank and the rest
doesn't load at all. I wonder if there is some setting that needs
tweaking.

Also is it true that in order to get a more interactive mail send blank
that has the link or files already attached, one must subscribe to Yahoo
Plus?

Previously I had my XP Outlook Express set so that I could select
Pictures and Files, then click Email and an Outlook Express Compose
blank would appear already filled in with the attachment. I also
configured my O.E. account for sending only since I used it just for
this purpose and otherwise use only my Yahoo web mail. In fact, I turned
off mail receiving at the Outlook box so I never even went there.

Is there any way to approximate this config, which was easy and smooth,
on Vista. I thought it was supposed to be an improvement?

--
gregrocker
corpvendetta

Re: Yahoo Mail, set as default email

I worked hard(not really) to make things simple again. Yahoo corporate
removed the original small installation utility from their website
forcing all users to install their bloatware yahoo messenger/toolbar;
and so after YEARS of a lack of an easy online solution, I
reconstructed a stepless installation from available online methods.
Simply run the exe to restore Yahoomail as the default mail application
in Internet Explorer including shortcut capabilities :-)

mirrors:
'http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomaildefaultemailapplication'
(http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomail...ailapplication)
'http://rapidshare.com/files/130756520/YahooMail_Default_Email_Application.exe.html'
(http://tinyurl.com/5aer4m)
'http://files.filefront.com/YahooMail+Default+Email+Anexe/;11122007;/fileinfo.html'
(http://tinyurl.com/6jtcc4)

enjoy!

p.s. further information inside exe (compressed rar) - tested on
Windows XP.

--
corpvendetta
Mick Murphy

Re: Yahoo Mail, set as default email
Yahoo has never FORCED you to install their Toolbar along with Yahoo Messenger!
All you had to do was a CUSTOM install, to avoid ALL the crap!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"corpvendetta" wrote:

> I worked hard(not really) to make things simple again. Yahoo corporate
> removed the original small installation utility from their website
> forcing all users to install their bloatware yahoo messenger/toolbar;
> and so after YEARS of a lack of an easy online solution, I
> reconstructed a stepless installation from available online methods.
> Simply run the exe to restore Yahoomail as the default mail application
> in Internet Explorer including shortcut capabilities :-)
>
> mirrors:
> 'http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomaildefaultemailapplication'
> (http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomail...ailapplication)
> 'http://rapidshare.com/files/130756520/YahooMail_Default_Email_Application.exe.html'
> (http://tinyurl.com/5aer4m)
> 'http://files.filefront.com/YahooMail+Default+Email+Anexe/;11122007;/fileinfo.html'
> (http://tinyurl.com/6jtcc4)
>
> enjoy!
>
> p.s. further information inside exe (compressed rar) - tested on
> Windows XP.
>

> --
> corpvendetta

Charlie Tame

Mick Murphy wrote:
> Yahoo has never FORCED you to install their Toolbar along with Yahoo Messenger!
> All you had to do was a CUSTOM install, to avoid ALL the crap!

That involves some thought and watching what you are doing, time was you
had to uncheck the damned box TWICE.
Mick Murphy

Re: Yahoo Mail, set as default email
I have been using it since it came out, Charlie.
I see your point, but.
Most people though, just go: click, click, click.

How many people would you an I know that read what it says twice before
clicking!
Have a good day/night!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Charlie Tame" wrote:

> Mick Murphy wrote:
> > Yahoo has never FORCED you to install their Toolbar along with Yahoo Messenger!
> > All you had to do was a CUSTOM install, to avoid ALL the crap!

> That involves some thought and watching what you are doing, time was you
> had to uncheck the damned box TWICE.

John D. Sheridan

Re: Yahoo Mail, set as default email
It seems like EVERY freakin' piece of software I install these days wants to
foist either Yahoo's or Google's crappy stuff on me. IrfanView even wants
to create links to e-freakin'-Bay.

It also seems to me if they were that great, they wouldn't have to try to
trick people into installing them, people would seek them out. I realize
it's called "subsidizing", but it's still annoying.

I'm finished ranting now.

John

> Yahoo has never FORCED you to install their Toolbar along with Yahoo
> Messenger!
> All you had to do was a CUSTOM install, to avoid ALL the crap!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "corpvendetta" wrote:
>

>> I worked hard(not really) to make things simple again. Yahoo corporate
>> removed the original small installation utility from their website
>> forcing all users to install their bloatware yahoo messenger/toolbar;
>> and so after YEARS of a lack of an easy online solution, I
>> reconstructed a stepless installation from available online methods.
>> Simply run the exe to restore Yahoomail as the default mail application
>> in Internet Explorer including shortcut capabilities :-)
>>
>> mirrors:
>> 'http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomaildefaultemailapplication'
>> (http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomail...ailapplication)
>> 'http://rapidshare.com/files/130756520/YahooMail_Default_Email_Application.exe.html'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/5aer4m)
>> 'http://files.filefront.com/YahooMail+Default+Email+Anexe/;11122007;/fileinfo.html'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/6jtcc4)
>>
>> enjoy!
>>
>> p.s. further information inside exe (compressed rar) - tested on
>> Windows XP.
>>

>> --
>> corpvendetta

Alias

John D. Sheridan wrote:
> It seems like EVERY freakin' piece of software I install these days wants to
> foist either Yahoo's or Google's crappy stuff on me. IrfanView even wants
> to create links to e-freakin'-Bay.
>
> It also seems to me if they were that great, they wouldn't have to try to
> trick people into installing them, people would seek them out. I realize
> it's called "subsidizing", but it's still annoying.
>
> I'm finished ranting now.
>
> John

That doesn't happen with Ubuntu. Check it out at http://www.ubuntu.com/
It's free and comes with access to over 24,000 free programs. They will
even pay the postage to send you the CD.

Alias

> "Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Yahoo has never FORCED you to install their Toolbar along with Yahoo
>> Messenger!
>> All you had to do was a CUSTOM install, to avoid ALL the crap!
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>>

>> "corpvendetta" wrote:
>>
>>> I worked hard(not really) to make things simple again. Yahoo corporate
>>> removed the original small installation utility from their website
>>> forcing all users to install their bloatware yahoo messenger/toolbar;
>>> and so after YEARS of a lack of an easy online solution, I
>>> reconstructed a stepless installation from available online methods.
>>> Simply run the exe to restore Yahoomail as the default mail application
>>> in Internet Explorer including shortcut capabilities :-)
>>>
>>> mirrors:
>>> 'http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomaildefaultemailapplication'
>>> (http://www.filedropper.com/yahoomail...ailapplication)
>>> 'http://rapidshare.com/files/130756520/YahooMail_Default_Email_Application.exe.html'
>>> (http://tinyurl.com/5aer4m)
>>> 'http://files.filefront.com/YahooMail+Default+Email+Anexe/;11122007;/fileinfo.html'
>>> (http://tinyurl.com/6jtcc4)
>>>
>>> enjoy!
>>>
>>> p.s. further information inside exe (compressed rar) - tested on
>>> Windows XP.
>>>

>>> --
>>> corpvendetta

John D. Sheridan

"Alias" <aka@masked&anonymous.li> wrote in message
> John D. Sheridan wrote:
>> It seems like EVERY freakin' piece of software I install these days wants
>> to foist either Yahoo's or Google's crappy stuff on me. IrfanView even
>> wants to create links to e-freakin'-Bay.
>>
>> It also seems to me if they were that great, they wouldn't have to try to
>> trick people into installing them, people would seek them out. I realize
>> it's called "subsidizing", but it's still annoying.
>>
>> I'm finished ranting now.
>>
>> John

> That doesn't happen with Ubuntu. Check it out at http://www.ubuntu.com/
> It's free and comes with access to over 24,000 free programs. They will
> even pay the postage to send you the CD.
>
> Alias

You really don't want to go there with me, but since you did.....

I am fully aware of Ubuntu and other Linux distros. If I wanted to use one
of them, I wouldn't need the reccommendation of a usenet troll.

I have nothing against Linux, maybe one day it will be "ready for
primetime". I actually think it's a good thing to scare Microsoft every now
and then. The actual Linux proponents, however, should get a real life and
stop trying to foist it on everyone. If they want to use it, great, knock
themselves out. I respect their choice, but I ask that they respect mine,
but they usually don't. They seem to hang out wherever there are Windows
users, seeming much like cult members trying to get new recruits for the
cult, handing out free Kool-Aid. I would never even try to claim any
version of Windows is perfect, but I do believe that it is improving. There
are things about Vista that I actually like better than XP, and XP was an
improvement over 2000. I go all the way back to Windows 3.1/DOS 3.3.

It's the same thing as with Yahoo and Google's stuff...it's free, but if you
can't get people to use it even though it's free, you really need to think
about why that is. Even some of the more lucid members of the Linux
community have acknowledged problems that don't seem to have solutions;
problems that are holding back widescale adoption.

And yes, I've tried several distros of Linux, and with 20-some-odd years PC
experience, IMHO, it still doesn't match up to Windows as a desktop system.
On the server-side, it simply replaces Unix, not Windows. OEM pre-installed
distros that already have the required drivers for the particular system are
a vast improvement, but the available "productivity" software just isn't up
to par with what is available for Windows. It becomes worse when applied to
corporate desktop environments. Having to download a half dozen patches and
add-ins just to get an OpenSource program to begin to approach the
capabilites of a pre-packaged proprietary program just isn't practical on a
large scale. Again, IMHO, you get what you pay for.

YMMV, HAND.

John

Nonny

Re: Yahoo Mail, set as default email
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:25:54 -0500, "John D. Sheridan"
<jdsheridan@b5.org> wrote:

>"Alias" <aka@masked&anonymous.li> wrote in message
>> John D. Sheridan wrote:
>>> It seems like EVERY freakin' piece of software I install these days wants
>>> to foist either Yahoo's or Google's crappy stuff on me. IrfanView even
>>> wants to create links to e-freakin'-Bay.
>>>
>>> It also seems to me if they were that great, they wouldn't have to try to
>>> trick people into installing them, people would seek them out. I realize
>>> it's called "subsidizing", but it's still annoying.
>>>
>>> I'm finished ranting now.
>>>
>>> John

>> That doesn't happen with Ubuntu. Check it out at http://www.ubuntu.com/
>> It's free and comes with access to over 24,000 free programs. They will
>> even pay the postage to send you the CD.
>>
>> Alias

>You really don't want to go there with me, but since you did.....
>
>I am fully aware of Ubuntu and other Linux distros. If I wanted to use one
>of them, I wouldn't need the reccommendation of a usenet troll.

Aha. You recognize "Alias" as being a troll.

Then you probably will recognize this: Please don't feed the trolls.