Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Boxter

Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista
The copy and paste function does not seem to work in any application (Word,
Notepad or browser). It doesn't matter if I use right click on the mouse,
pull down menu or Ctrl C + Ctrl V, the only result I get when I go to paste
my text is * (asterisk). This is a new laptop with Vista installed. Is the
clipboard disabled or something?
Mick Murphy

RE: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista
Copy and Paste DOES work in Vista.

"Boxter" wrote:

> The copy and paste function does not seem to work in any application (Word,
> Notepad or browser). It doesn't matter if I use right click on the mouse,
> pull down menu or Ctrl C + Ctrl V, the only result I get when I go to paste
> my text is * (asterisk). This is a new laptop with Vista installed. Is the
> clipboard disabled or something?

Boxter

RE: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista
Gee thanks !

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Copy and Paste DOES work in Vista.
>
> "Boxter" wrote:
>
> > The copy and paste function does not seem to work in any application (Word,
> > Notepad or browser). It doesn't matter if I use right click on the mouse,
> > pull down menu or Ctrl C + Ctrl V, the only result I get when I go to paste
> > my text is * (asterisk). This is a new laptop with Vista installed. Is the
> > clipboard disabled or something?

Ian Betts

"Boxter" <Boxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gee thanks !
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> Copy and Paste DOES work in Vista.
>>
>> "Boxter" wrote:
>>
>> > The copy and paste function does not seem to work in any application
>> > (Word,
>> > Notepad or browser). It doesn't matter if I use right click on the
>> > mouse,
>> > pull down menu or Ctrl C + Ctrl V, the only result I get when I go to
>> > paste
>> > my text is * (asterisk). This is a new laptop with Vista installed. Is
>> > the
>> > clipboard disabled or something?

OK lets try in Word

Type something. Select the text. In the Edit menu select Copy.

Then go View menu/Toolbars/Clipboard.

If you test snip is not there you clipboard is not working.

Do a restore or repair run.

--
Ian

thomaslam

Re: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista
Hi all,
I had my upgrade to vista about five months @ first I dont have any problems
with copy and paste from/to images or brower at all untill last couble day I
had to reinstall my pc to window xp profresional and from there I re-upgrade
again the same vista premium and could not copy & paste from brower!! Somehow
to me I think some of update patch cause this problem.Please I anyone have
any clue or any luck please let me know.
Thanks
--
thomaslam

"Ian Betts" wrote:

> "Boxter" <Boxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Gee thanks !
> >
> > "Mick Murphy" wrote:
> >
> >> Copy and Paste DOES work in Vista.

> OK lets try in Word
>
> Type something. Select the text. In the Edit menu select Copy.
>
> Then go View menu/Toolbars/Clipboard.
>
> If you test snip is not there you clipboard is not working.
>
> Do a restore or repair run.
>

> --
> Ian

Alex

Re: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista
Ok, so what exactly do I need to do to fix this? I am having the same
problem, My copy and paste won't work in any program. Everytime I either hit
control+V or right click+paste, it just prints a *.

"Ian Betts" wrote:

> "Boxter" <Boxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Gee thanks !
> >
> > "Mick Murphy" wrote:
> >
> >> Copy and Paste DOES work in Vista.

> OK lets try in Word
>
> Type something. Select the text. In the Edit menu select Copy.
>
> Then go View menu/Toolbars/Clipboard.
>
> If you test snip is not there you clipboard is not working.
>
> Do a restore or repair run.
>

> --
> Ian

thomaslam

Re: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista
Hi ALex,
This is Thomas again, It appear to be not working when you copy&Paste from
any web brower included pictures from that web, normally when I right click
on some pictures that I would like to save that picture and when I do right
click it will pop up the list of function for me to do,like save picture as
or go to my picture or go to back ground some like that (including copy and
paste the website). All of this function is not working at all. But like
ringht now I am writting this message and I am able to copy and pasted right
below here I don't have any problems copy and paste at all .
--
thomaslam

"Alex" wrote:

> Ok, so what exactly do I need to do to fix this? I am having the same
> problem, My copy and paste won't work in any program. Everytime I either hit
> control+V or right click+paste, it just prints a *.
>
> "Ian Betts" wrote:
>

> > "Boxter" <Boxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Gee thanks !

> > OK lets try in Word
> >
> > Type something. Select the text. In the Edit menu select Copy.
> >
> > Then go View menu/Toolbars/Clipboard.
> >
> > If you test snip is not there you clipboard is not working.
> >
> > Do a restore or repair run.
> >

> > --
> > Ian

thomaslam

RE: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista
Hi all,
This is Thomas again. I don't know about your all but my pc after it
automatically download 9 updates and it's working fine like I use to do.copy
and paste is now working.I did not do anything.
--
thomaslam

"Boxter" wrote:

> The copy and paste function does not seem to work in any application (Word,
> Notepad or browser). It doesn't matter if I use right click on the mouse,
> pull down menu or Ctrl C + Ctrl V, the only result I get when I go to paste
> my text is * (asterisk). This is a new laptop with Vista installed. Is the
> clipboard disabled or something?

aquarian

RE: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista

--
aquarius

"Boxter" wrote:

> The copy and paste function does not seem to work in any application (Word,
> Notepad or browser). It doesn't matter if I use right click on the mouse,
> pull down menu or Ctrl C + Ctrl V, the only result I get when I go to paste
> my text is * (asterisk). This is a new laptop with Vista installed. Is the
> clipboard disabled or something?

nicksavage

Re: Copy and Paste doesn't work in Vista

Thanks Brink I had the same problem but only with control c and v not
right clicking your solution

sfc /scannow

worked for me.

--