Vista Problem - "Could not find this item" error on viewable folde

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Dipak

Vista Problem - "Could not find this item" error on viewable folde
There is a folder on my D:\ that i cannot delete, when attempting to do so
through Explorer it comes up with a dialog window stating:
"Could not find this item
This is no longer located in <Path>. Verify the item's location and try again.
Trimmed_Aston Martin Day copy (this is the name of the folder)
<Date created>

Although this file can be viewed through Windows Explorer and through cmd
prompt when attempting to delete, rename, copy. paste it comes up with the
same error.

It seems that the folder has been deleted however Vista is still keeping a
record of this file somewhere in it's registry. I am also able to right-click
onto properties of this file and the only difference i can see is that the
Security tab states:
"The requested security information is either unavailable or can't be
displayed".

I also created another folder under the same path with the same name - Vista
let me do this, when I then tried to delete the problematic one it simply
deleted the newly created one instead.

Any ideas and/or suggestions would be much appreciated.

GTS

Re: Vista Problem - "Could not find this item" error on viewable folde
Run chkdsk /f