Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Won't Install)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Chad Coleman

Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Won't Install)
Okay,

I've been trying to install this program for days with no luck. I had 3.0
Elements and it had issues with color and the image being washed out, so I
got Elements 5.0 and I can't get it to install. It always trouble reading
certain files during the install and I have to stop the installation. I
tried to copy the disc to my hard drive and that didn't work. I even tried a
different disc all together to no avail. I had a friend with XP install it
on their computer without a problem. I tried the demo on mine and that did
install, however I can only use the demo for 30 days. I want to use the full
version. What do I do?

Malke

Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Won't Install)
Chad Coleman wrote:
> Okay,
>
> I've been trying to install this program for days with no luck. I had
> 3.0 Elements and it had issues with color and the image being washed
> out, so I got Elements 5.0 and I can't get it to install. It always
> trouble reading certain files during the install and I have to stop the
> installation. I tried to copy the disc to my hard drive and that didn't
> work. I even tried a different disc all together to no avail. I had a
> friend with XP install it on their computer without a problem. I tried
> the demo on mine and that did install, however I can only use the demo
> for 30 days. I want to use the full version. What do I do?

Contact Adobe tech support for help with their software.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Michael Price

Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Won't Install)
I have had problems installing Acrobat 7 and the various updates. I was
successful finally by turning off UAC until after it was installed and then
turning UAC back on.

This has worked for a few programs.

> Chad Coleman wrote:
>> Okay,
>>
>> I've been trying to install this program for days with no luck. I had 3.0
>> Elements and it had issues with color and the image being washed out, so
>> I got Elements 5.0 and I can't get it to install. It always trouble
>> reading certain files during the install and I have to stop the
>> installation. I tried to copy the disc to my hard drive and that didn't
>> work. I even tried a different disc all together to no avail. I had a
>> friend with XP install it on their computer without a problem. I tried
>> the demo on mine and that did install, however I can only use the demo
>> for 30 days. I want to use the full version. What do I do?

> Contact Adobe tech support for help with their software.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Chad Coleman

Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Won't Install)
I already had it turned off, because it was so annoying and I'm experienced
enough to right from wrong when intalling. So I don't think this is the
cause.

I just don't get it...It's like it can't read or unpack the DATA1.cab file.

"Michael Price" <EmJay_Price@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have had problems installing Acrobat 7 and the various updates. I was
>successful finally by turning off UAC until after it was installed and then
>turning UAC back on.
>
> This has worked for a few programs.
>

> "Malke" <notreally@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Chad Coleman wrote:
>>> Okay,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to install this program for days with no luck. I had
>>> 3.0 Elements and it had issues with color and the image being washed
>>> out, so I got Elements 5.0 and I can't get it to install. It always
>>> trouble reading certain files during the install and I have to stop the
>>> installation. I tried to copy the disc to my hard drive and that didn't
>>> work. I even tried a different disc all together to no avail. I had a
>>> friend with XP install it on their computer without a problem. I tried
>>> the demo on mine and that did install, however I can only use the demo
>>> for 30 days. I want to use the full version. What do I do?

>> Contact Adobe tech support for help with their software.
>>

>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iLg==?=

Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Won't Install)
Not sure if this will help you . .but after Vista upgrade I got a flat out
"not compatible" when tryting to install PhE3. I right clicked and ran the
installer as admin in compatability mode and it worked. I then downloaded
PhE5 . .already with the Vista patch. If you have an original PhE5 disk,
try compat mode and then immediately install the vista patch from Adobe.