MSN Messenger on Windows Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FuYWRpYW5tb21teW9mMg==?=

MSN Messenger on Windows Vista
I just got a new laptop and it has Windows Vista loaded on it. I can't seem
to get MSN Messenger to work on it. I get a message saying Messenger has
stopped working, then it says that DEP is preventing it from running. I have
tried everything that I can think of, can someone help me please.
Dale White

Re: MSN Messenger on Windows Vista
Check under your system-Advance settings on whether Dep is set to Essential
programs or all programs. All programs makes it a little too strict, if you
ask me. Setting it to essential should be fine for most users

"Canadianmommyof2" <Canadianmommyof2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8EC11308-96C4-419D-8297-F6291B77539A@microsoft.com...
>I just got a new laptop and it has Windows Vista loaded on it. I can't
>seem
> to get MSN Messenger to work on it. I get a message saying Messenger has
> stopped working, then it says that DEP is preventing it from running. I
> have
> tried everything that I can think of, can someone help me please.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FuYWRpYW5tb21teW9mMg==?=

Re: MSN Messenger on Windows Vista
Ok, that was the default setting on my comp and now it is working just fine.
Very strange because I didn't change anything. Thanks for you reply

"Dale White" wrote:

> Check under your system-Advance settings on whether Dep is set to Essential
> programs or all programs. All programs makes it a little too strict, if you
> ask me. Setting it to essential should be fine for most users
>

> "Canadianmommyof2" <Canadianmommyof2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:8EC11308-96C4-419D-8297-F6291B77539A@microsoft.com...
> >I just got a new laptop and it has Windows Vista loaded on it. I can't
> >seem
> > to get MSN Messenger to work on it. I get a message saying Messenger has
> > stopped working, then it says that DEP is preventing it from running. I
> > have
> > tried everything that I can think of, can someone help me please.

Jeff

Re: MSN Messenger on Windows Vista
Hello,

Did you happen to install Adobe Flashplayer 9 after you had the DEP
problem?

Jeff
(if not-just an fyi, Adobe flashplayer 9 and Java 6 are pretty much
essential on Vista)

"Canadianmommyof2" <Canadianmommyof2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message newsD0FAEE8-D452-4A2D-8EB8-9386F3464869@microsoft.com...
> Ok, that was the default setting on my comp and now it is working just
> fine.
> Very strange because I didn't change anything. Thanks for you reply
>
> "Dale White" wrote:
>
>> Check under your system-Advance settings on whether Dep is set to
>> Essential
>> programs or all programs. All programs makes it a little too strict, if
>> you
>> ask me. Setting it to essential should be fine for most users
>>

>> "Canadianmommyof2" <Canadianmommyof2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:8EC11308-96C4-419D-8297-F6291B77539A@microsoft.com...
>> >I just got a new laptop and it has Windows Vista loaded on it. I can't
>> >seem
>> > to get MSN Messenger to work on it. I get a message saying Messenger
>> > has
>> > stopped working, then it says that DEP is preventing it from running.
>> > have
>> > tried everything that I can think of, can someone help me please.

=?Utf-8?B?a2xlaW5oYXJ0ZW5kaWVmamU=?=

"kleinhartendiefje" wrote:

> I just got a new laptop and it has Windows Vista loaded on it. I can't seem
> to get MSN Messenger to work on it. I get a message saying Messenger has
> stopped working, then it says that DEP is preventing it from running. I have
> tried everything that I can think of, can someone help me please.

Quspide is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problems installing messenger in laptops using Windows Vista
If your laptop is an Acer, visit following site, and there you will find a patch that solves forever the problem:

http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/dat...MSN81patch.exe

I'll hope you resolve the problem.

MG