Burn to Disc not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Sly Dog

Burn to Disc not working
Recently, VISTA's Burn To Disc stopped working.

Everything works normally UNTIL I actually hit the Burn button - at which
point I get the Cannot Burn Disc window and that's the end of that.

There is no way I can find to repair the embedded BurnTo Disc program.

Anyone have some ideas on how I can fix this problem without performing a
clean reinstall of VISTA?

Tim Thein

Re: Burn to Disc not working
Try a different disc, like +R, +RW, -R, -RW.
Try system restore to a restore point when the drive was still working.

"Sly Dog" <Sly_Dog@GottaLoveThatBill.com> wrote in message
news:FaCdnS8fd8TAmUfYnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> Recently, VISTA's Burn To Disc stopped working.
>
> Everything works normally UNTIL I actually hit the Burn button - at which
> point I get the Cannot Burn Disc window and that's the end of that.
>
> There is no way I can find to repair the embedded BurnTo Disc program.
>
> Anyone have some ideas on how I can fix this problem without performing a
> clean reinstall of VISTA?

Jonathan Yaniv

Re: Burn to Disc not working
What kind of CD/DVD burner do you have? Model, Version, Manufacturer.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

"Sly Dog" <Sly_Dog@GottaLoveThatBill.com> wrote in message
news:FaCdnS8fd8TAmUfYnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> Recently, VISTA's Burn To Disc stopped working.
>
> Everything works normally UNTIL I actually hit the Burn button - at which
> point I get the Cannot Burn Disc window and that's the end of that.
>
> There is no way I can find to repair the embedded BurnTo Disc program.
>
> Anyone have some ideas on how I can fix this problem without performing a
> clean reinstall of VISTA?

Sly Dog

Re: Burn to Disc not working
Plextor PX-716A.

It has worked well with VISTA until recently.

"Jonathan Yaniv" <yaniv.jonathan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What kind of CD/DVD burner do you have? Model, Version, Manufacturer.
>
> --
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Jonathan Yaniv
> Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert
>
> Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
> http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/
>
> "Sly Dog" <Sly_Dog@GottaLoveThatBill.com> wrote in message
> news:FaCdnS8fd8TAmUfYnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
>> Recently, VISTA's Burn To Disc stopped working.
>>
>> Everything works normally UNTIL I actually hit the Burn button - at which
>> point I get the Cannot Burn Disc window and that's the end of that.
>>
>> There is no way I can find to repair the embedded BurnTo Disc program.
>>
>> Anyone have some ideas on how I can fix this problem without performing a
>> clean reinstall of VISTA?

Jonathan Yaniv

Re: Burn to Disc not working
Probably a corrupted file, try system restore, and if that doesn't work,
reinstall vista.

--

news:cJOdnTQBSo4klEfYnZ2dnUVZ_qunnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> Plextor PX-716A.
>
> It has worked well with VISTA until recently.
>

> "Jonathan Yaniv" <yaniv.jonathan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> What kind of CD/DVD burner do you have? Model, Version, Manufacturer.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Have a nice day,
>>
>> Jonathan Yaniv
>> Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert
>>
>> Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
>> http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/
>>
>> "Sly Dog" <Sly_Dog@GottaLoveThatBill.com> wrote in message
>> news:FaCdnS8fd8TAmUfYnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
>>> Recently, VISTA's Burn To Disc stopped working.
>>>
>>> Everything works normally UNTIL I actually hit the Burn button - at
>>> which point I get the Cannot Burn Disc window and that's the end of
>>> that.
>>>
>>> There is no way I can find to repair the embedded BurnTo Disc program.
>>>
>>> Anyone have some ideas on how I can fix this problem without performing
>>> a clean reinstall of VISTA?

Sly Dog

Re: Burn to Disc not working
Ah! Found the solution.

I clicked into properties for my DVD RW Drive and selected C:\ drive as the
location for the temporary image file. Apparently, D:\ drive was selected
by VISTA on installation..?

I must have upset VISTA when I temporarily deleted my second partition (D:
Drive) to extend my primary partition.

Frankly, it was just my retarded luck that I happened across the tab for
setting the location of the temporary image file since I didn't find any
mention of it in the "help" file.

VISTA; the new and improved Pandora's Box! :-0