Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?RG9yaW4gQnJhbmR1c2E=?=

Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed
Event viewer:

Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549b734, faulting module localspl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549bcf7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00070a15, process id
0x5e8, application start time 0x01c753cf82366c15.

I have HP Photosmart 8250 Printer. Windows Vista has its own drivers, after
initial install of OS everything was fine, only 2 weeks back it just stopped
working. I've uninstalled every application and windows updates. I'm back to
square one, I still get error everytime I enable the Printer Spooler service.
Can anyone tell me what i'm missing, i've deleted all printers, cached files,
etc.

The only thing I haven't done is re-install the OS.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed
Have you checked for driver updates from HP?

"Dorin Brandusa" <Dorin Brandusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Event viewer:
>
> Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> 0x4549b734, faulting module localspl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time
> stamp
> 0x4549bcf7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00070a15, process id
> 0x5e8, application start time 0x01c753cf82366c15.
>
> I have HP Photosmart 8250 Printer. Windows Vista has its own drivers,
> after
> initial install of OS everything was fine, only 2 weeks back it just
> stopped
> working. I've uninstalled every application and windows updates. I'm back
> square one, I still get error everytime I enable the Printer Spooler
> service.
> Can anyone tell me what i'm missing, i've deleted all printers, cached
> files,
> etc.
>
> The only thing I haven't done is re-install the OS.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCcmF5?=

RE: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed
I'm getting the same thing. As we near a large rollout of Vista I have
started to notice this problem on my own workstation. I have has the same
configuration for quite some time now and this comes out of the blue?
Bill

"Dorin Brandusa" wrote:

> Event viewer:
>
> Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> 0x4549b734, faulting module localspl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> 0x4549bcf7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00070a15, process id
> 0x5e8, application start time 0x01c753cf82366c15.
>
> I have HP Photosmart 8250 Printer. Windows Vista has its own drivers, after
> initial install of OS everything was fine, only 2 weeks back it just stopped
> working. I've uninstalled every application and windows updates. I'm back to
> square one, I still get error everytime I enable the Printer Spooler service.
> Can anyone tell me what i'm missing, i've deleted all printers, cached files,
> etc.
>
> The only thing I haven't done is re-install the OS.

=?Utf-8?B?UHJvYmxlbSBTb2x2ZWQ=?=

RE: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed
I finally found the problem, the registry key for the printer pointing to the
drivers got corrupted:

Start -> Run - Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> ControlSet001 ->
Control -> Print -> Environments -> Windows NT x86 -> Version -3 -> Remove
All Printers From Here (Delete HP First See If that resolves the problem)

That should fix all issues to the SubSystem App crashing, after you delete
the registry entry, start the printer spooler and reinstall the printer
drivers, most likely Vista will have these drivers built in.

"Bill Bray" wrote:

> I'm getting the same thing. As we near a large rollout of Vista I have
> started to notice this problem on my own workstation. I have has the same
> configuration for quite some time now and this comes out of the blue?
> Bill
>
> "Dorin Brandusa" wrote:
>
> > Event viewer:
> >
> > Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > 0x4549b734, faulting module localspl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > 0x4549bcf7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00070a15, process id
> > 0x5e8, application start time 0x01c753cf82366c15.
> >
> > I have HP Photosmart 8250 Printer. Windows Vista has its own drivers, after
> > initial install of OS everything was fine, only 2 weeks back it just stopped
> > working. I've uninstalled every application and windows updates. I'm back to
> > square one, I still get error everytime I enable the Printer Spooler service.
> > Can anyone tell me what i'm missing, i've deleted all printers, cached files,
> > etc.
> >
> > The only thing I haven't done is re-install the OS.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCcmF5?=

RE: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed
You guys are right...it was printer drivers. I found the problem with a
Xerox Workcentre so it's likely with others as well. Thanks
Bill

"Problem Solved" wrote:

> I finally found the problem, the registry key for the printer pointing to the
> drivers got corrupted:
>
> Start -> Run - Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> ControlSet001 ->
> Control -> Print -> Environments -> Windows NT x86 -> Version -3 -> Remove
> All Printers From Here (Delete HP First See If that resolves the problem)
>
> That should fix all issues to the SubSystem App crashing, after you delete
> the registry entry, start the printer spooler and reinstall the printer
> drivers, most likely Vista will have these drivers built in.
>
> "Bill Bray" wrote:
>
> > I'm getting the same thing. As we near a large rollout of Vista I have
> > started to notice this problem on my own workstation. I have has the same
> > configuration for quite some time now and this comes out of the blue?
> > Bill
> >
> > "Dorin Brandusa" wrote:
> >
> > > Event viewer:
> > >
> > > Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > > 0x4549b734, faulting module localspl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > > 0x4549bcf7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00070a15, process id
> > > 0x5e8, application start time 0x01c753cf82366c15.
> > >
> > > I have HP Photosmart 8250 Printer. Windows Vista has its own drivers, after
> > > initial install of OS everything was fine, only 2 weeks back it just stopped
> > > working. I've uninstalled every application and windows updates. I'm back to
> > > square one, I still get error everytime I enable the Printer Spooler service.
> > > Can anyone tell me what i'm missing, i've deleted all printers, cached files,
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > The only thing I haven't done is re-install the OS.

larrynipon

Re: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed

corrected the problem by deleting the printer entries in the registry as
per this thread. However, Visata will not now automatically recognize
the HP LJ1022 usb printer. Can't seem to get it to autoinstall.

--
larrynipon
larrynipon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49919

http://forums.techarena.in

C.B.

"larrynipon" <larrynipon.39q1bd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> corrected the problem by deleting the printer entries in the registry as
> per this thread. However, Visata will not now automatically recognize
> the HP LJ1022 usb printer. Can't seem to get it to autoinstall.
>

> --
> larrynipon
> larrynipon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49919
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=686461
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

larrynipon,

Go into the Properties of your printer and see which port it is
assigned to. Is it assigned to a USB port or a LPT port?

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

nestorcophi

Re: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed

I had tried it with a customer, we checked *Printer Properties*, under
*Advanced*, choose *Print directly to the printer* go

There might just be some drawback since its not being spooled, but
normally you would print document at a time so I think this should do
it.

--
nestorcophi
dschick1969

Re: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed

I'm having the same problem. I had deleted the printer but now can't
get it to reinstall because when I add the printer (network printer) it
gives me an error that says "Error loading the tcp Mib library". There
is a Microsoft kb article about that error regarding dlls in the
%systemroot% directory but I confirmed I don't have that problem. I
can't get the printer installed! Any suggestions? By the way, I can
print to the same printer on the same network from another laptop.

--
dschick1969
dschick1969's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/dschick1969.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jwterry is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschick1969 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I had deleted the printer but now can't
get it to reinstall because when I add the printer (network printer) it
gives me an error that says "Error loading the tcp Mib library". There
is a Microsoft kb article about that error regarding dlls in the
%systemroot% directory but I confirmed I don't have that problem. I
can't get the printer installed! Any suggestions? By the way, I can
print to the same printer on the same network from another laptop.

--
dschick1969
dschick1969's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/dschick1969.htm
View this thread: Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed - Vista Help

TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support Forums of India
I just wanted to say that I have struggled with this problem today as well. I tried Regcure with no luck among other approaches. I finally did a system restore back before it worked last. It is ok so far.