Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Help and Support not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2007
RR2
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Help and Support not working
Clicking on the "Windows Help and Support" option, or most help links in
windows applications yields a blank window, with another popup saying
"Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"

I'm afraid I've inadvertently corrupted or deleted a file or files necessary
for this option to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBSaWNo?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Windows Help and Support not working
I am having the same problem as well. Any help on this one would be greatly
appreciated. It was working at one point and now says:
"Internet Explorer cannot doenload from / help.
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"

In the background there is a window that says "0% of from help completed"

"RR2" wrote:

> Clicking on the "Windows Help and Support" option, or most help links in
> windows applications yields a blank window, with another popup saying
> "Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested
> site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"
>
> I'm afraid I've inadvertently corrupted or deleted a file or files necessary
> for this option to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBSaWNo?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Windows Help and Support not working
Hey guys.

I was just looking at a different post, and I found the solution to my
problem. It seems that installing Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 overlays the
regidtry entries for how to handle xml file. When you run the fix posted by
Phil under the posting called: "Problem with Windows Help" it fixed the
problem.

Cheers!
-Dave

"Dave Rich" wrote:

> I am having the same problem as well. Any help on this one would be greatly
> appreciated. It was working at one point and now says:
> "Internet Explorer cannot doenload from / help.
> Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
> site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"
>
> In the background there is a window that says "0% of from help completed"
>
> "RR2" wrote:
>
> > Clicking on the "Windows Help and Support" option, or most help links in
> > windows applications yields a blank window, with another popup saying
> > "Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested
> > site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"
> >
> > I'm afraid I've inadvertently corrupted or deleted a file or files necessary
> > for this option to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
RR2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Help and Support not working
Thanks Dave,

That was exactly my situation. The fix worked like a charm.

Thanks again,
Ron


"Dave Rich" <DaveRich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A8CCF84E-214E-43CB-BCD7-C8C4A993C42B@microsoft.com...
> Hey guys.
>
> I was just looking at a different post, and I found the solution to my
> problem. It seems that installing Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 overlays the
> regidtry entries for how to handle xml file. When you run the fix posted
> by
> Phil under the posting called: "Problem with Windows Help" it fixed the
> problem.
>
> Cheers!
> -Dave
>
> "Dave Rich" wrote:
>
>> I am having the same problem as well. Any help on this one would be
>> greatly
>> appreciated. It was working at one point and now says:
>> "Internet Explorer cannot doenload from / help.
>> Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
>> site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"
>>
>> In the background there is a window that says "0% of from help
>> completed"
>>
>> "RR2" wrote:
>>
>> > Clicking on the "Windows Help and Support" option, or most help links
>> > in
>> > windows applications yields a blank window, with another popup saying
>> > "Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The
>> > requested
>> > site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"
>> >
>> > I'm afraid I've inadvertently corrupted or deleted a file or files
>> > necessary
>> > for this option to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>> >
>> >
>> >


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Help and Support not Working =?Utf-8?B?RGVXb2xm?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-19-2007 05:04
Windows Live OneCare x64 Support Brandon Moses microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 05:37
help and support is not working. Todd microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 04:34
Windows Help and Support not available anymore =?Utf-8?B?TGFkeVNpdGE=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 03-01-2007 03:52
Understanding RAW Image Support in Windows Vista Paul Windows Vista Team Blog 0 02-28-2007 20:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:27.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120