CD/DVD drive not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?c3VwZXJudXJzZTk5OQ==?=

CD/DVD drive not working
suddenly my cd's are not working i have gone into device manager and says
drivers are updated. Did a system check and my cd/dvd drive is showing up as
not there. I got an error message.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: CD/DVD drive not working
it redetect it.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"supernurse999" <supernurse999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> suddenly my cd's are not working i have gone into device manager and says
> drivers are updated. Did a system check and my cd/dvd drive is showing up
> as
> not there. I got an error message.
>
> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>
> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
> and
> to see if there is a solution available.

Peter Foldes

Re: CD/DVD drive not working

See these MS-KB's. It describes the reason and offers the fix. Includes your Code 39 issue

Peter

"supernurse999" <supernurse999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924B13D3-3A93-43D7-A82B-1A3E03577B91@microsoft.com...
> suddenly my cd's are not working i have gone into device manager and says
> drivers are updated. Did a system check and my cd/dvd drive is showing up as
> not there. I got an error message.
>
> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>
> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
> to see if there is a solution available.

Peter Foldes

Re: CD/DVD drive not working
Andre

That is not going to solve the OP's issue here. His Upper and Lower filters are in question.

--
Peter

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230eBKgfTHHA.5060@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> it redetect it.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "supernurse999" <supernurse999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> suddenly my cd's are not working i have gone into device manager and says
>> drivers are updated. Did a system check and my cd/dvd drive is showing up
>> as
>> not there. I got an error message.
>>
>> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
>> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>>
>> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
>> and
>> to see if there is a solution available.

=?Utf-8?B?c3VwZXJudXJzZTk5OQ==?=

Re: CD/DVD drive not working
I have followed the links and deleted the keys upper and lower filters but
still have same problem not made any difference to my drive at all

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> See these MS-KB's. It describes the reason and offers the fix. Includes your Code 39 issue

> Peter

> "supernurse999" <supernurse999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924B13D3-3A93-43D7-A82B-1A3E03577B91@microsoft.com...
> > suddenly my cd's are not working i have gone into device manager and says
> > drivers are updated. Did a system check and my cd/dvd drive is showing up as
> > not there. I got an error message.
> >
> > Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> > corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
> >
> > Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
> > to see if there is a solution available.

=?Utf-8?B?RWQgU3RvZGRhcmQ=?=

Re: CD/DVD drive not working
Could your CD ROM drive be trying to use the same drive letter as a hard
drive or another CD ROM drive? This will certainly cause it to not appear.
I would try deleting the drive in question from Device Manager, if its there.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to reasign a drive a new letter. But I suspect
this might be your problem.

"supernurse999" wrote:

> I have followed the links and deleted the keys upper and lower filters but
> still have same problem not made any difference to my drive at all
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>

> > See these MS-KB's. It describes the reason and offers the fix. Includes your Code 39 issue
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314060
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320553
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "supernurse999" <supernurse999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924B13D3-3A93-43D7-A82B-1A3E03577B91@microsoft.com...
> > > suddenly my cd's are not working i have gone into device manager and says
> > > drivers are updated. Did a system check and my cd/dvd drive is showing up as
> > > not there. I got an error message.
> > >
> > > Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> > > corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
> > >
> > > Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
> > > to see if there is a solution available.

MICHAEL

Re: CD/DVD drive not working
Did you reboot after editing the registry?

-Michael