Vista Clipboard???

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

DosFan

Vista Clipboard???
how do you open Vista Clipboard, in XP you typed clipbrd to open
and view the contents of the Clipboard, there is no clipbrd in Vista,
only clip and RDPclip, so how can you open and view the contents of it.
Chad Harris

Re: Vista Clipboard???
Hi Mr. DosFan--

There was a way to put the clipboard on the start menu and see it and use
it in XP. I tried this in Vista (adding these keys to the reg, and no
dice). No clipboard showed on the cpl. I think it's meant to be invisible
in Vista.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4de05bc9-69f6-4bfc-8094-5e1069f2f51f}]
@="Clipboard"
"InfoTip"="Starts the Clipboard"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4de05bc9-69f6-4bfc-8094-5e1069f2f51f}\DefaultIcon]
@="%SystemRoot%\\\\System32\\\\clipbrd.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4de05bc9-69f6-4bfc-8094-5e1069f2f51f}\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4de05bc9-69f6-4bfc-8094-5e1069f2f51f}\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4de05bc9-69f6-4bfc-8094-5e1069f2f51f}\Shell\Open\command]
@="clipbrd.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4de05bc9-69f6-4bfc-8094-5e1069f2f51f}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=dword:00000030

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{4de05b c9-69f6-4bfc-8094-5e1069f2f51f}]
@="Add Clipboard to the Control Panel"

What is Clipboard?

The Clipboard is a temporary storage area for information that you have
copied or moved from one place and plan to use somewhere else. You can
select text or graphics and then use the Cut or Copy commands to move your
selection to the Clipboard, where it will be stored until you use the Paste
command to insert it elsewhere. For example, you might want to copy a
section of text from a website, and then paste that text into an e-mail
message. The Clipboard is available in most Windows programs.

You can copy or move information such as text and pictures between files and
programs in Windows using a temporary storage space called the Clipboard.
The Clipboard is not visible, so keep in mind that even though you use the
Clipboard to copy and paste information between files, you will never
actually see the Clipboard when you do so.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...57dba1033.mspx

CH

"DosFan" <DosFan@home.com> wrote in message
news:Xns98D31310226AYouremailhomecom@62.253.170.16 3...
> how do you open Vista Clipboard, in XP you typed clipbrd to open
> and view the contents of the Clipboard, there is no clipbrd in Vista,
> only clip and RDPclip, so how can you open and view the contents of it.

dev

Re: Vista Clipboard???
/DosFan/ said:

> How do you open Vista Clipboard, in XP you typed clipbrd to open
> and view the contents of the Clipboard, there is no clipbrd in Vista,
> only clip and RDPclip, so how can you open and view the contents of it.

If you want to see the contents of the Clipboard in Vista, copy the
CLIPBRD.EXE application from XP, and place it in the following directory...

C:\Windows\System32\clipbrd.exe

You can then create a shortcut and/or shortcut key to it. Or type the
name into START|RUN.
Chad Harris

Re: Vista Clipboard???
Dev--

Yep does the trick and you can access it from run or the Control Panel in
Vista. I only used it in XP when once in a while something would get stuck
on the clipbard and you couldn't copy and paste until you got rid of it.

CH

"dev" <dev@null.invalid> wrote in message
> /DosFan/ said:
>
>> How do you open Vista Clipboard, in XP you typed clipbrd to open
>> and view the contents of the Clipboard, there is no clipbrd in Vista,
>> only clip and RDPclip, so how can you open and view the contents of it.

> If you want to see the contents of the Clipboard in Vista, copy the
> CLIPBRD.EXE application from XP, and place it in the following
> directory...
>
> C:\Windows\System32\clipbrd.exe
>
> You can then create a shortcut and/or shortcut key to it. Or type the
> name into START|RUN.

MICHAEL

Re: Vista Clipboard???

"dev" <dev@null.invalid> wrote in message news:Ov8GxrLTHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> /DosFan/ said:
>
>> How do you open Vista Clipboard, in XP you typed clipbrd to open
>> and view the contents of the Clipboard, there is no clipbrd in Vista,
>> only clip and RDPclip, so how can you open and view the contents of it.

> If you want to see the contents of the Clipboard in Vista, copy the
> CLIPBRD.EXE application from XP, and place it in the following directory...
>
> C:\Windows\System32\clipbrd.exe
>
> You can then create a shortcut and/or shortcut key to it. Or type the
> name into START|RUN.

Brilliant!

Thank you.

-Michael
DosFan

Re: Vista Clipboard???
Many thanks for the info.
will try that. :-)
vegaspat

Re: Vista Clipboard???

Dev,

I located the clipbrd.exe file in WinXP. I then copied the file to my
Windows Vista\System32 folder. I then created a shortcut on my
Desktop.

It kind of works but before it opens I get a pop-up window Titled:
Clipbrd.exe-Entry Point Not Found.

In the body of the window is the following info:

The procedure entry point SdbGetAppCompatDataSize could not be located
in the dynamic link library apphelp.dll.

Any idea what the error message is about and how do I eliminate it?

Thanks.

--
vegaspat
vegaspat's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23885

http://forums.techarena.in

dev

Re: Vista Clipboard???
/vegaspat/ said:
> Dev,
>
> I located the clipbrd.exe file in WinXP. I then copied the file to my
> Windows Vista\System32 folder. I then created a shortcut on my
> Desktop.
>
> It kind of works but before it opens I get a pop-up window Titled:
> Clipbrd.exe-Entry Point Not Found.
>
> In the body of the window is the following info:
>
> The procedure entry point SdbGetAppCompatDataSize could not be located
> in the dynamic link library apphelp.dll.
>
> Any idea what the error message is about and how do I eliminate it?

Working well here, in the same location. Been many months since I
installed it, and do not recall any special circumstances.

Try running it in the compatibility mode, which is how it is here...

Right-click the C:\Windows\System32\clipbrd.exe file, then click the
COMPATIBILITY tab. Check the "run this program" box, then click the
little arrow to the right of the horizontal window, and make the change
to XP (Service Pack 2).

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Clipboard???
Means either the apphelp.dll file is missing, not in the proper location,
corrupted, or does not contain the instruction set that the clipboard file
is trying to execute. The functionality provided by that tool has been
replaced mostly by the snipping tool, have you tried it yet?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"vegaspat" <vegaspat.2o2pri@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Dev,
>

> I located the clipbrd.exe file in WinXP. I then copied the file to my
> Windows Vista\System32 folder. I then created a shortcut on my
> Desktop.
>
> It kind of works but before it opens I get a pop-up window Titled:
> Clipbrd.exe-Entry Point Not Found.
>
> In the body of the window is the following info:
>
> The procedure entry point SdbGetAppCompatDataSize could not be located
> in the dynamic link library apphelp.dll.
>
> Any idea what the error message is about and how do I eliminate it?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> vegaspat
> vegaspat's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23885
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=679225
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

dev

Re: Vista Clipboard???
"vegaspat" <vegaspat.2o2pri@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> /Rick Rogers/ said:

>> I located the clipbrd.exe file in WinXP. I then copied the file to my
>> Windows Vista\System32 folder. I then created a shortcut on my
>> Desktop.
>>
>> It kind of works but before it opens I get a pop-up window Titled:
>> Clipbrd.exe-Entry Point Not Found.
>>
>> In the body of the window is the following info:
>>
>> The procedure entry point SdbGetAppCompatDataSize could not be located
>> in the dynamic link library apphelp.dll.
>>
>> Any idea what the error message is about and how do I eliminate it?

> Means either the apphelp.dll file is missing, not in the proper location,
> corrupted, or does not contain the instruction set that the clipboard file
> is trying to execute. The functionality provided by that tool has been
> replaced mostly by the snipping tool, have you tried it yet?

The thing that I miss, with the loss of the Clipboard Viewer, is being
able to view what's on the board. While the Snipping Tool is useful, it
does not appear to have that functionality.