kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording speed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows Vista-based computer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Sebastien Jean

kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording speed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows Vista-based computer
I need this hotfix for Vista x64 please.

kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording speed"
list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows
Vista-based computer

Malke

Re: kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recordingspeed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a WindowsVista-based computer
Sebastien Jean wrote:
> I need this hotfix for Vista x64 please.
>
> kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording
> speed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a
> Windows Vista-based computer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931936/en-us

"Hotfix information
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is
intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article.
Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not
severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the
next service pack that contains this hotfix.

"To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support
Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer
Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs,
visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support
(http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support)
Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support
calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines
that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support
costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not
qualify for the specific update in question."

So if you read the KB article, you will see how to contact MS to get
this hotfix. There are no charges for hotfixes. Read the last sentence
of the KB article carefully.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
MICHAEL

Re: kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recordingspeed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a WindowsVista-based computer
Go here;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935195

Or directly here;
https://support.microsoft.com/common...ge=1&WS=hotfix

Be sure to put in the correct KB article number for the hotfix.

Where it asks you "Product and version affected", leave blank.

They may email you back and ask you to verify this is for Vista.

They will then email you a link to the hotfix and
a password to open the file.

I've used this twice, both times I had the hotfix in under 4 hours.
Might be different since this is the weekend.

Take care,

Michael

* Sebastien Jean:
> I need this hotfix for Vista x64 please.
>
> kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording speed"
> list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows
> Vista-based computer

Sebastien Jean

Re: kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording speed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows Vista-based computer
Thank you very much

"MICHAEL" <u158627_emr2@dslr.net> wrote in message
> Go here;
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935195
>
> Or directly here;
> https://support.microsoft.com/common...ge=1&WS=hotfix
>
> Be sure to put in the correct KB article number for the hotfix.
>
> Where it asks you "Product and version affected", leave blank.
>
> They may email you back and ask you to verify this is for Vista.
>
> They will then email you a link to the hotfix and
> a password to open the file.
>
> I've used this twice, both times I had the hotfix in under 4 hours.
> Might be different since this is the weekend.
>

> Take care,
>
> Michael
>
> * Sebastien Jean:
>> I need this hotfix for Vista x64 please.
>>
>> kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recording
>> speed"
>> list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a Windows
>> Vista-based computer

MICHAEL

Re: kb931936: Incorrect recording speeds are displayed in the "Recordingspeed" list in the "Burn to Disc" dialog box when you burn a DVD on a WindowsVista-based computer
You're welcome.

-Michael

* Sebastien Jean: