media player vista business

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

media player vista business
Hi,
This is probably a rather stupid question, but still I'm confused. Does the
business edition not come with a media player? I can't play streaming radio
anymore ? Is this only available in the ultimate edition? Or do I miss
something here? In case this is true can I return my copy or upgrade to
ultimate on-line ?
Many thanks.
ds
John Inzer

Re: media player vista business
Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
> This is probably a rather stupid question, but still I'm confused.
> Does the business edition not come with a media player? I can't play
> streaming radio anymore ? Is this only available in the ultimate
> edition? Or do I miss something here? In case this is true can I
> return my copy or upgrade to ultimate on-line ?
> Many thanks.
> ds

==========================
Sorry, I don't have the answer to your
WMP issue...I thought it was a component
of all MS Operating Systems. You may
need to update your audio driver.

But...yes you can upgrade online:

Upgrade to another edition of Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/29l6km

--

John Inzer
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

=?Utf-8?B?TmlnaHRCbGFkZQ==?=

RE: media player vista business
To answer your first question, yes, Windows Vista Business does come with
Windows Media Player in it.
NOTE: However, the Business N edition does not include Windows Media Player.
It is sold only in the EU countries. (Stupid EU laws, I mean, why would
anyone want to buy it without the WMP?!)

"Daniel" wrote:

> Hi,
> This is probably a rather stupid question, but still I'm confused. Does the
> business edition not come with a media player? I can't play streaming radio
> anymore ? Is this only available in the ultimate edition? Or do I miss
> something here? In case this is true can I return my copy or upgrade to
> ultimate on-line ?
> Many thanks.
> ds

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

RE: media player vista business
Wait a minute. I'm in the US and got my version from amzon in the US. The
package says business, the CD says business,but yet the installed version
says business N.
What does that mean ?

"NightBlade" wrote:

> To answer your first question, yes, Windows Vista Business does come with
> Windows Media Player in it.
> NOTE: However, the Business N edition does not include Windows Media Player.
> It is sold only in the EU countries. (Stupid EU laws, I mean, why would
> anyone want to buy it without the WMP?!)
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > This is probably a rather stupid question, but still I'm confused. Does the
> > business edition not come with a media player? I can't play streaming radio
> > anymore ? Is this only available in the ultimate edition? Or do I miss
> > something here? In case this is true can I return my copy or upgrade to
> > ultimate on-line ?
> > Many thanks.
> > ds

Jane C

Re: media player vista business
I think Amazon might have some explaining to do.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Wait a minute. I'm in the US and got my version from amzon in the US. The
> package says business, the CD says business,but yet the installed version
> says business N.
> What does that mean ?
>
> "NightBlade" wrote:
>
>> To answer your first question, yes, Windows Vista Business does come with
>> Windows Media Player in it.
>> NOTE: However, the Business N edition does not include Windows Media
>> Player.
>> It is sold only in the EU countries. (Stupid EU laws, I mean, why would
>> anyone want to buy it without the WMP?!)
>>
>> "Daniel" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > This is probably a rather stupid question, but still I'm confused. Does
>> > the
>> > business edition not come with a media player? I can't play streaming
>> > radio
>> > anymore ? Is this only available in the ultimate edition? Or do I miss
>> > something here? In case this is true can I return my copy or upgrade to
>> > ultimate on-line ?
>> > Many thanks.
>> > ds

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

Re: media player vista business
Ok, I got it. There was an option at the beginning of the installation
letting me choose business or business N. Since I didn't know what the
difference is I picked N.
Thanks for all the help. You put me on the right track.

Daniel