Cannot access Guest Account

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

NSA

Cannot access Guest Account
I can create but cannot access the Guest Account with Vista Home Premium.
The Guest icon appears on the log-on screen but access is denied with the
error message "Windows could not connect to the Sens service". Owner log on
(access) is fine.

NSA

Robert Firth

Re: Cannot access Guest Account
Is this a 'National Security Agency' joke, or are you serious?

Robert Firth
http://www.winvistainfo.org

"NSA" <nospam@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>I can create but cannot access the Guest Account with Vista Home Premium.
>The Guest icon appears on the log-on screen but access is denied with the
>error message "Windows could not connect to the Sens service". Owner log on
>(access) is fine.
>
> NSA

Jane C

Re: Cannot access Guest Account
SENS = System Event Notification Service

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"Robert Firth" <webmaster@winvistainfo.org> wrote in message
> Is this a 'National Security Agency' joke, or are you serious?
>
> Robert Firth
> http://www.winvistainfo.org
>
> "NSA" <nospam@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>I can create but cannot access the Guest Account with Vista Home Premium.
>>The Guest icon appears on the log-on screen but access is denied with the
>>error message "Windows could not connect to the Sens service". Owner log
>>on (access) is fine.
>>
>> NSA

Jane C

Re: Cannot access Guest Account
The Guest account is already there in Vista, but is disabled by default.
How did you 'create' it? Did you turn it on via Users in Control Panel?

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User
"NSA" <nospam@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>I can create but cannot access the Guest Account with Vista Home Premium.
>The Guest icon appears on the log-on screen but access is denied with the
>error message "Windows could not connect to the Sens service". Owner log on
>(access) is fine.
>
> NSA

NSA

Re: Cannot access Guest Account
Sorry about that. Yes I turned it on via Users in Control Panel but am
unable to access it from the opening screen. The error message quoted in my
initial post about not connecting to Sens service appears.
N. Schwartz

"Jane C" <jellybean@NOSPAMxjgarage.org> wrote in message
> The Guest account is already there in Vista, but is disabled by default.
> How did you 'create' it? Did you turn it on via Users in Control Panel?
>
> --
> MVP Windows Shell/User
> "NSA" <nospam@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>I can create but cannot access the Guest Account with Vista Home Premium.
>>The Guest icon appears on the log-on screen but access is denied with the
>>error message "Windows could not connect to the Sens service". Owner log
>>on (access) is fine.
>>
>> NSA

LTG

RE: Cannot access Guest Account
I can't find or create a Guest Account in Vista Home Premium... is it true
it's not possible?

"NSA" wrote:

> I can create but cannot access the Guest Account with Vista Home Premium.
> The Guest icon appears on the log-on screen but access is denied with the
> error message "Windows could not connect to the Sens service". Owner log on
> (access) is fine.
>
> NSA

...winston

Re: Cannot access Guest Account
Yes it's true..see the 'Note' item in the attached link.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...243eb1033.mspx

"LTG" <LTG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11022BB9-94ED-455B-BEE3-F4288E057675@microsoft.com...
:I can't find or create a Guest Account in Vista Home Premium... is it true
: it's not possible?

jntjnk is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cannot access Guest Account
If anybody still has this problem, basically you have to enable Event Notification Service from the service window. If you need more detail, see
http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/windows-vista/208122-guest-account-issue.html>