Re: Windows Installer has stopped working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Andy

Re: Windows Installer has stopped working
Hello, Shabacca,

Your problem can be simple or fatal, depending on the configuration.
You know how to enter the Services menu? If not, do this:
- Click Start
- Right-click My Computer
- Click Manage
- At the Computer Management tree, expand Services and Applications
- Click Services
Then:
- Scrool to Windows Installer
- Right-click it
- At "Startup type" select Manual
If Manual is already selected, then the error is (or it may be) fatal.

Glad to help ^_^
Shabacca

Re: Windows Installer has stopped working
Hi Andy,

Windows installer is set for manual and I checked msconfig again and
window's installer is running. Windows updates wont install either.

What do you mean by fatal error? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

"Andy" wrote:

> Hello, Shabacca,
>
> Your problem can be simple or fatal, depending on the configuration.
> You know how to enter the Services menu? If not, do this:
> - Click Start
> - Right-click My Computer
> - Click Manage
> - At the Computer Management tree, expand Services and Applications
> - Click Services
> Then:
> - Scrool to Windows Installer
> - Right-click it
> - At "Startup type" select Manual
> If Manual is already selected, then the error is (or it may be) fatal.
>
> Glad to help ^_^

prince u

Windows Installer has stopped working

I HAVE TRIED THE PROCESS BELLOW.
Manual is selected already.
how can i solve the problem

Your problem can be simple or fatal, depending on the configuration.
You know how to enter the Services menu? If not, do this:
- Click Start
- Right-click My Computer
- Click Manage
- At the Computer Management tree, expand Services and Applications
- Click Services
Then:
- Scrool to Windows Installer
- Right-click it
- At "Startup type" select Manual
If Manual is already selected, then the error is (or it may be) fatal.

Glad to help ^_^

Posted as a reply to:

Re: Windows Installer has stopped working
01-Jun-07

Hello, Shabacca,

Your problem can be simple or fatal, depending on the configuration.
You know how to enter the Services menu? If not, do this:
- Click Start
- Right-click My Computer
- Click Manage
- At the Computer Management tree, expand Services and Applications
- Click Services
Then:
- Scrool to Windows Installer
- Right-click it
- At "Startup type" select Manual
If Manual is already selected, then the error is (or it may be) fatal.

Glad to help ^_^

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Installer has stopped working
Hi,

Reregister the installer per the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/