Cannot install Adobe Reader

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Lloyd Sheen

Cannot install Adobe Reader
What a mess MS has put over on us. Ok download a PDF, can't open it but I
know I can download the reader. Download the reader and install - I get a
msg

"The temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible......."

I have turned off that Acesss Control and there are only about 450 gigs
free. And as for the temp folder other programs use it.

This whole thing has been a mess of gigantic proportions.

Lloyd Sheen

Beck

Re: Cannot install Adobe Reader

"Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in message
> What a mess MS has put over on us. Ok download a PDF, can't open it but I
> know I can download the reader. Download the reader and install - I get a
> msg
>
> "The temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible......."
>
> I have turned off that Acesss Control and there are only about 450 gigs
> free. And as for the temp folder other programs use it.
>
> This whole thing has been a mess of gigantic proportions.

Try Foxit Reader. Its better than adobe and free. I have no problems using
that.

Mark Gillespie

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:48:54 -0000, Lloyd Sheen <a@b.c> wrote:

> What a mess MS has put over on us. Ok download a PDF, can't open it but
> I know I can download the reader. Download the reader and install - I
> get a msg
>
> "The temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible......."
>
> I have turned off that Acesss Control and there are only about 450 gigs
> free. And as for the temp folder other programs use it.
>
> This whole thing has been a mess of gigantic proportions.
>
> Lloyd Sheen

You need to re-enable UAC. Acrobat fails to install with UAC disabled,
for some unknown reason...

Gary Mount

Re: Cannot install Adobe Reader
I have found success in installing reader 8 by downloading the file but not
installing right away, but to open the folder that the install went to then
selecting the file and installing it.

"Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in message
> What a mess MS has put over on us. Ok download a PDF, can't open it but I
> know I can download the reader. Download the reader and install - I get a
> msg
>
> "The temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible......."
>
> I have turned off that Acesss Control and there are only about 450 gigs
> free. And as for the temp folder other programs use it.
>
> This whole thing has been a mess of gigantic proportions.
>
> Lloyd Sheen

=?Utf-8?B?YnJvY2NvbGliZWVm?=

RE: Cannot install Adobe Reader
If I had posted this, my enemeis would have said that I do not know how to
use computers, or, at least, that I should have googled before I had asked
the question here!

Serious Note: there is no scarcasm in the above statement, just a straight
declaration about this world being not fair!

Regards,

"Lloyd Sheen" wrote:

> What a mess MS has put over on us. Ok download a PDF, can't open it but I
> know I can download the reader. Download the reader and install - I get a
> msg
>
> "The temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible......."
>
> I have turned off that Acesss Control and there are only about 450 gigs
> free. And as for the temp folder other programs use it.
>
> This whole thing has been a mess of gigantic proportions.
>
> Lloyd Sheen

Scott

Re: Cannot install Adobe Reader
[Default] On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:48:54 -0500, "Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c>
spake thusly:

>What a mess MS has put over on us. Ok download a PDF, can't open it but I
>know I can download the reader. Download the reader and install - I get a
>msg
>
>"The temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible......."
>
>I have turned off that Acesss Control and there are only about 450 gigs
>free. And as for the temp folder other programs use it.
>
>This whole thing has been a mess of gigantic proportions.
>
>Lloyd Sheen

I don't know what I did wrong, but Adobe Reader 8 is working just fine
here (Vista Ultimate 64-bit).
--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.