Recycle Bin won't empty

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydA==?=

Recycle Bin won't empty
I'm having troubles with the Recycle bin. It wouldn't let me move the
windows.old folder when I was done with it, so I had to move the folders in
individually. The only folder remaining now in the recycle bin is the
windows folder from the windows.old folder. The problem is, the recycle bin
won't delete it. I've tried Shift Delete, delete in safe mode, restore the
file (which it doesn't), cut and paste. Any suggestions? Anyone else having
an issue like this?
Rock

Re: Recycle Bin won't empty
"Curt" <Curt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> I'm having troubles with the Recycle bin. It wouldn't let me move the
> windows.old folder when I was done with it, so I had to move the folders
> in
> individually. The only folder remaining now in the recycle bin is the
> windows folder from the windows.old folder. The problem is, the recycle
> bin
> won't delete it. I've tried Shift Delete, delete in safe mode, restore
> the
> file (which it doesn't), cut and paste. Any suggestions? Anyone else
> having
> an issue like this?

Maybe restore it from the recycle bin then take ownership of it. Go to
Start | Help and Support, search on Ownership and look under Troubleshoot
"access denied" when opening files or folders for how to do this. Then
delete it.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydA==?=

Re: Recycle Bin won't empty
It wont' let me restore it either.

"Rock" wrote:

> "Curt" <Curt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> > I'm having troubles with the Recycle bin. It wouldn't let me move the
> > windows.old folder when I was done with it, so I had to move the folders
> > in
> > individually. The only folder remaining now in the recycle bin is the
> > windows folder from the windows.old folder. The problem is, the recycle
> > bin
> > won't delete it. I've tried Shift Delete, delete in safe mode, restore
> > the
> > file (which it doesn't), cut and paste. Any suggestions? Anyone else
> > having
> > an issue like this?

> Maybe restore it from the recycle bin then take ownership of it. Go to
> Start | Help and Support, search on Ownership and look under Troubleshoot
> "access denied" when opening files or folders for how to do this. Then
> delete it.
>
> --
> Rock [MVP - User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Recycle Bin won't empty
"Curt" <Curt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It wont' let me restore it either.
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Curt" <Curt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>> > I'm having troubles with the Recycle bin. It wouldn't let me move the
>> > windows.old folder when I was done with it, so I had to move the
>> > folders
>> > in
>> > individually. The only folder remaining now in the recycle bin is the
>> > windows folder from the windows.old folder. The problem is, the
>> > recycle
>> > bin
>> > won't delete it. I've tried Shift Delete, delete in safe mode, restore
>> > the
>> > file (which it doesn't), cut and paste. Any suggestions? Anyone else
>> > having
>> > an issue like this?

>> Maybe restore it from the recycle bin then take ownership of it. Go to
>> Start | Help and Support, search on Ownership and look under
>> Troubleshoot
>> "access denied" when opening files or folders for how to do this. Then
>> delete it.

Have you tried safe mode? Or maybe try a system restore to before you
deleted windows.old. I don't know if that will restore it.

--
Rock [MVP - User/Shell]