Windows live messenger sign in Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

DaLonelyBaptst

Windows live messenger sign in Vista
When i try to sign in on Windows Live messenger on my Vista Premium it fails
to sign in and comes up with the troubleshooter. I run the troubleshooter
and there are supposedly no problems, everything is fine. It is allowed on
my firewall and i can sign into hotmail.com. Anyone help me??
Gabby

RE: Windows live messenger sign in Vista
the 8.1 version of windows live messenger is not yet supported by Windows
Vista
that's why you cant sign in. i have the same problem.
guess we just have to wait for a brand new updated version

"DaLonelyBaptst" wrote:

> When i try to sign in on Windows Live messenger on my Vista Premium it fails
> to sign in and comes up with the troubleshooter. I run the troubleshooter
> and there are supposedly no problems, everything is fine. It is allowed on
> my firewall and i can sign into hotmail.com. Anyone help me??

Chris Sidener

Re: Windows live messenger sign in Vista
For what it's worth, Live Messenger v. 8.1.0178.00 has been working fine in
Vista Ultimate 32bit for months here.

Chris

"Gabby" <Gabby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the 8.1 version of windows live messenger is not yet supported by Windows
> Vista
> that's why you cant sign in. i have the same problem.
> guess we just have to wait for a brand new updated version
>
> "DaLonelyBaptst" wrote:
>
>> When i try to sign in on Windows Live messenger on my Vista Premium it
>> fails
>> to sign in and comes up with the troubleshooter. I run the
>> troubleshooter
>> and there are supposedly no problems, everything is fine. It is allowed
>> on
>> my firewall and i can sign into hotmail.com. Anyone help me??

brink

DaLonelyBaptst;312516 Wrote:
> When i try to sign in on Windows Live messenger on my Vista Premium it
> fails
> to sign in and comes up with the troubleshooter. I run the
> troubleshooter
> and there are supposedly no problems, everything is fine. It is allowed
> on
> my firewall and i can sign into hotmail.com. Anyone help me??

Hi DaLonelyBaptst,

For what it's worth to, Live Messenger (Build 8.10178.00) works fine
for me on both the 32/64 bit version of Vista Home Premium.

I did have this problem pop up once though. I fixed it by uninstalling
Live Messenger from Control panel's Programs & Features icon.
Then you need to do this:
1. make sure you have *Show hidden files & folders *checked in Folder
Options (Under Tools in toolbar menu)
2. go to *C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft*
3. delete the folder *Messenger *(if still there)
4. go to *C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft*
5. delete the folder* MSN Messenger *(if still there)
6. Download & reinstall Live Messenger

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

"Practice makes perfect, then you reinstall"
Vista 64 Home Premium
1.5 Gig DDR2 533 Mhz (PC4200) RAM
KDE

Re: Windows live messenger sign in Vista
not true, Windows Live Messenger 8.1 runs just fine on Vista

"Gabby" <Gabby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the 8.1 version of windows live messenger is not yet supported by Windows
> Vista
> that's why you cant sign in. i have the same problem.
> guess we just have to wait for a brand new updated version
>
> "DaLonelyBaptst" wrote:
>
>> When i try to sign in on Windows Live messenger on my Vista Premium it
>> fails
>> to sign in and comes up with the troubleshooter. I run the
>> troubleshooter
>> and there are supposedly no problems, everything is fine. It is allowed
>> on
>> my firewall and i can sign into hotmail.com. Anyone help me??

Cyborg

Re: Windows live messenger sign in Vista
Still not working!!!same problem here!!!
what the .. ?

"brink" wrote:

> DaLonelyBaptst;312516 Wrote:
> > When i try to sign in on Windows Live messenger on my Vista Premium it
> > fails
> > to sign in and comes up with the troubleshooter. I run the
> > troubleshooter
> > and there are supposedly no problems, everything is fine. It is allowed
> > on
> > my firewall and i can sign into hotmail.com. Anyone help me??

> Hi DaLonelyBaptst,
>
> For what it's worth to, Live Messenger (Build 8.10178.00) works fine
> for me on both the 32/64 bit version of Vista Home Premium.
>
> I did have this problem pop up once though. I fixed it by uninstalling
> Live Messenger from Control panel's Programs & Features icon.
> Then you need to do this:
> 1. make sure you have *Show hidden files & folders *checked in Folder
> Options (Under Tools in toolbar menu)
> 2. go to *C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft*
> 3. delete the folder *Messenger *(if still there)
> 4. go to *C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft*
> 5. delete the folder* MSN Messenger *(if still there)
> 6. Download & reinstall Live Messenger
>

> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink
>
> "Practice makes perfect, then you reinstall"
> Vista 64 Home Premium
> 1.5 Gig DDR2 533 Mhz (PC4200) RAM

brink

Re: Windows live messenger sign in Vista

Ok all,

That was the easy way. Sorry it didn't work for you. Here's the
harder way:
FIRST[/b]: VERIFY YOU HAVE A WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT BY SIGNING INTO
HOTMAIL. IF YES, THEN PROCEED. IF NOT, YOU NEED TO SIGN UP FOR ONE
(IT'S FREE).

*SECOND*:
1. CLICK START BUTTON
2. IN THE WHITE LINE (START SEARCH AT BOTTOM) TYPE: *CMD
3. right click [b]cmd.exe* (when it appears at top)
4. click *Run As Administrator*
5. type the following: *netsh int tcp set global
autotuninglevel=disabled*
(If this fails and/or causes other problems, then repeat above, but
type *netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=enabled* instead to
undo)
6. press Enter
7. Restart your computer

Now give Live Messenger a try. This should help.

Hope this helps you all,
Shawn

--
brink

"Practice makes perfect, then you reinstall"
Vista 64 Home Premium
1.5 Gig DDR2 533 Mhz (PC4200) RAM
Cyborg

Re: Windows live messenger sign in Vista
Well,thanx about all these,but none worked!!
i ve done the easy step first,and after the command one,but no respond!
msn sucks! :P

Cyborg;315828 Wrote:
> Well,thanx about all these,but none worked!!
> i ve done the easy step first,and after the command one,but no respond!
> msn sucks! :P

Ok,

Sorry none of this worked for you. Contact the Live Messenger support
team at '_http://support.live.com_' (http://support.live.com) . They're
pretty good about answering back. Give them any error code numbers and
as much details as possible.

Hope they can help,
Shawn