Window defender not start

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

MXC

Window defender not start
I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: The window defender
is turned off
I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error
After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not
start.

when I start the service I get:
The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped.
Some service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service or
program.
Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup
programs.

How could I manage the startup programs.

Thanks

vista bill

Re: Window defender not start
On Jul 24, 8:27*pm, "MXC" <minxi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: *The window defender
> is turned off
> I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error
> After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not
> start.
>
> when I start the service I get:
> The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped.
> Some service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service or
> program.
> Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup
> programs.
>
> How could I manage the startup programs.
>
> Thanks

Perhaps you don't need Windows Defender when you have MS Security
Essentials.

Bill
MXC

Re: Window defender not start
I can manage startup programs how can I do it at MS Security
Essentials.

"vista bill" <billsrrempire@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 24, 8:27 pm, "MXC" <minxi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: The window
> defender
> is turned off
> I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error
> After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could
> not
> start.
>
> when I start the service I get:
> The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped.
> Some service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service or
> program.
> Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup
> programs.
>
> How could I manage the startup programs.
>
> Thanks

Perhaps you don't need Windows Defender when you have MS Security
Essentials.

Bill

Peter Foldes

Re: Window defender not start
After installing MSE ,Windows Defender is turned OFF by default and is by default
and purpose.

In other words Windows Defender is incapacitated when you install Microsoft Security
Essentials. This is normal and is meant to be since Microsoft Security Essentials
contains and incorporates Windows Defender
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"MXC" <minxiuch@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: The window defender is
>turned off
> I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error
> After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not
> start.
>
> when I start the service I get:
> The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped. Some
> service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service or program.
> Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup programs.
>
> How could I manage the startup programs.
>
> Thanks

Ken Blake, MVP

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 17:27:42 -0700, "MXC" <minxiuch@yahoo.com> wrote:

> After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not
> start.

Microsoft Security Essentials turns off Defender because the same
functionality is built into it. That's good, not bad; there's no
reason to run both.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
MXC

Re: Window defender not start
I could use windows defender to manage startup programs, bou not in
Microsoft Security
Essentials
I have to use 3rd party program such as turnup utilities to manage startup
programs.

> After installing MSE ,Windows Defender is turned OFF by default and is by
> default and purpose.
>
> In other words Windows Defender is incapacitated when you install
> Microsoft Security Essentials. This is normal and is meant to be since
> Microsoft Security Essentials contains and incorporates Windows Defender
> --
> Peter

> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "MXC" <minxiuch@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: The window
>>defender is turned off
>> I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error
>> After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could
>> not start.
>>
>> when I start the service I get:
>> The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped.
>> Some service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service
>> or program.
>> Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup
>> programs.
>>
>> How could I manage the startup programs.
>>
>> Thanks

Tom Ponta

Re: Window defender not start
You can also manage start up programs with msconfig.

Buddha