Insufficient access to unistall a program message!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Paul

Insufficient access to unistall a program message!
I have come across the folowing messages when I try and uninstall some of my
programs.

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

"You do not have sufficient access to unintall Google Earth. Please contact
your system administrator."

I am the system administrator, as it is my pc and no one else uses it?

I am getting the above messages hen trying to uninstall Google Earth, but I
have also come across it with other programs in the past and have just left
them on my PC because of this.

Please can anyone oput there tell me why this is happening and what I can do
to remove these unwanted programs.

Many thanks,

--
Paul
Mr Baracuda

Re: Insufficient access to unistall a program message!
why are you still using that crap OS for? win7 is out

> I have come across the folowing messages when I try and uninstall some of
> my
> programs.
>
> "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."
>
> "You do not have sufficient access to unintall Google Earth. Please
> contact
> your system administrator."
>
> I am the system administrator, as it is my pc and no one else uses it?
>
> I am getting the above messages hen trying to uninstall Google Earth, but
> have also come across it with other programs in the past and have just
> left
> them on my PC because of this.
>
> Please can anyone oput there tell me why this is happening and what I can
> do
> to remove these unwanted programs.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --
> Paul

Ǝиçεl

RE: Insufficient access to unistall a program message!
Hello Paul,

Try windows installer cleanup utility
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301>

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"Paul" wrote:

> I have come across the folowing messages when I try and uninstall some of my
> programs.
>
> "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."
>
> "You do not have sufficient access to unintall Google Earth. Please contact
> your system administrator."
>
> I am the system administrator, as it is my pc and no one else uses it?
>
> I am getting the above messages hen trying to uninstall Google Earth, but I
> have also come across it with other programs in the past and have just left
> them on my PC because of this.
>
> Please can anyone oput there tell me why this is happening and what I can do
> to remove these unwanted programs.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --
> Paul

+Bob+

Re: Insufficient access to unistall a program message!
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 18:21:01 -0700, ???l
<l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello Paul,
>
>Try windows installer cleanup utility
><http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301>

FYI - Vista often throws the "you don't have priv's" message for
totally unrelated problems (like the file is locked by some
application or software). Sometimes restarting fixes that.