Resizing window, off edge of screen

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Richard Fangnail

Resizing window, off edge of screen
I have Vista. Just now, something happened to my Firefox window so
that the bottom edge was below the bottom of the screen. I couldn't
find a way to resize the window so that the bottom edge was visible.
(I had to close and restart Firefox and it was okay.)

Was there a way to resize a window without dragging the edge or
corner? I had no way to get to the edge. I right clicked on the
title bar and selected Size but that didn't help.

Thanks.
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Resizing window, off edge of screen
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:44:19 -0700 (PDT), Richard Fangnail
<richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote:

> I have Vista. Just now, something happened to my Firefox window so
> that the bottom edge was below the bottom of the screen. I couldn't
> find a way to resize the window so that the bottom edge was visible.
> (I had to close and restart Firefox and it was okay.)
>
> Was there a way to resize a window without dragging the edge or
> corner? I had no way to get to the edge. I right clicked on the
> title bar and selected Size but that didn't help.

You couldn't get to the *bottom* edge or corner? Go to the top edge
and drag it *down*. That will make the window smaller. Then drag the
title bar up, to bring the bottom edge into view.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Richard Fangnail

Re: Resizing window, off edge of screen

> You couldn't get to the *bottom* edge or corner? Go to the top edge
> and drag it *down*. That will make the window smaller. Then drag the
> title bar up, to bring the bottom edge into view.
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

Thank you, I should have realized that.

I also found: right click on the taskbar and select Cascade or Show
Stacked or Show Side by Side.
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Resizing window, off edge of screen
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:55:21 -0700 (PDT), Richard Fangnail
<richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote:

> > You couldn't get to the *bottom* edge or corner? Go to the top edge
> > and drag it *down*. That will make the window smaller. Then drag the
> > title bar up, to bring the bottom edge into view.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003

> Thank you, I should have realized that.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

> I also found: right click on the taskbar and select Cascade or Show
> Stacked or Show Side by Side.

Yep, another way to accomplish it.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
merrimann

Re: Resizing window, off edge of screen
> > I also found: right click on the taskbar and select Cascade or Show
> > Stacked or Show Side by Side.

> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
> .

Okay i have a problem with my window size and its really messing with my
eyes. i opened multiple windows on vista of my internet explorer and they
condensed into a taskbar group. i wanted to undo that so i told it to cascade
the windows. now i cant get my original window size to stick. it aleays opens
the pages in cascade size. i tried resize and it didnt work. plz help!
Gene E. Bloch

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:49:01 -0700, merrimann wrote:

>>> I also found: right click on the taskbar and select Cascade or Show
>>> Stacked or Show Side by Side.

>> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
>> .
>>

> Okay i have a problem with my window size and its really messing with my
> eyes. i opened multiple windows on vista of my internet explorer and they
> condensed into a taskbar group. i wanted to undo that so i told it to cascade
> the windows. now i cant get my original window size to stick. it aleays opens
> the pages in cascade size. i tried resize and it didnt work. plz help!

Exit from all but one of them. Set the one remaining window to the desired
size. Choose File | Exit to quit, instead of the red X.

This sometimes works...

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom