All User Accounts Don't Show in Logon Window

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

five256@NOwhere.com

All User Accounts Don't Show in Logon Window
I have five User Accounts (one of which is Administrator and one of which
is Guest). However, only two accounts show when I log on (two of the
'other' accounts). How do I get all the accounts to show in the logon
window? Thank you.......
five256@NOwhere.com

Re: All User Accounts Don't Show in Logon Window
I should add that I'd like to set up an Administrator account but it
won't let me name it Administrator because it says there's alread an
account by that name. I can't find it.

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:35:26 -0400, five256@NOwhere.com wrote:

>I have five User Accounts (one of which is Administrator and one of which
>is Guest). However, only two accounts show when I log on (two of the
>'other' accounts). How do I get all the accounts to show in the logon
>window? Thank you.......

I am incorrect above when I say I have an Administrator account that
shows at Login. It doesn't.
Gene E. Bloch

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:44:06 -0400, five256@NOwhere.com wrote:

> I should add that I'd like to set up an Administrator account but it
> won't let me name it Administrator because it says there's alread an
> account by that name. I can't find it.
>
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:35:26 -0400, five256@NOwhere.com wrote:
>
>>I have five User Accounts (one of which is Administrator and one of which
>>is Guest). However, only two accounts show when I log on (two of the
>>'other' accounts). How do I get all the accounts to show in the logon
>>window? Thank you.......

> I am incorrect above when I say I have an Administrator account that
> shows at Login. It doesn't.

Run this command in an elevated command prompt to make the Administrator
account visible:
net user Administrator /active:yes

When you don't need it for a while, run the command with no instead of yes.

That's for *the* administrator account. A user account with a different
name and administrator privileges has only a slightly limited set of those
privileges.

I have heard (but not tried it myself) that if you press Ctrl-Alt-Del when
the login screen is visible you'll also see the Administrator account.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
five256@NOwhere.com

Re: All User Accounts Don't Show in Logon Window
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:15:11 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
<not-me@other.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:44:06 -0400, five256@NOwhere.com wrote:
>
>> I should add that I'd like to set up an Administrator account but it
>> won't let me name it Administrator because it says there's alread an
>> account by that name. I can't find it.
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:35:26 -0400, five256@NOwhere.com wrote:
>>
>>>I have five User Accounts (one of which is Administrator and one of which
>>>is Guest). However, only two accounts show when I log on (two of the
>>>'other' accounts). How do I get all the accounts to show in the logon
>>>window? Thank you.......

>> I am incorrect above when I say I have an Administrator account that
>> shows at Login. It doesn't.

>Run this command in an elevated command prompt to make the Administrator
>account visible:
>net user Administrator /active:yes
>
>When you don't need it for a while, run the command with no instead of yes.
>
>That's for *the* administrator account. A user account with a different
>name and administrator privileges has only a slightly limited set of those
>privileges.
>
>I have heard (but not tried it myself) that if you press Ctrl-Alt-Del when
>the login screen is visible you'll also see the Administrator account.

Thank you, Gene!