Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

How to configure wired Internet connection via ethernet?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010
Balzer
 

Posts: n/a
How to configure wired Internet connection via ethernet?
Got new laptop with Windows 7. How to configure wired Internet connection
via ethernet?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010
Tim Slattery
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How to configure wired Internet connection via ethernet?
"Balzer" <balzer@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote:

>Got new laptop with Windows 7. How to configure wired Internet connection
>via ethernet?


Umm...I don't think you need to do anything. Just plug in the network
cable. The OS should make a call to the DHCP server and get everything
it needs from it. You just start using it.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T@bls.gov
http://members.cox.net/slatteryt
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010
Saga
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How to configure wired Internet connection via ethernet?
"Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> wrote in message
news:mn73n590tivf6uf54pdt3qev0v7eactv2j@4ax.com...
> "Balzer" <balzer@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote:
>
>>Got new laptop with Windows 7. How to configure wired Internet connection
>>via ethernet?

>
> Umm...I don't think you need to do anything. Just plug in the network
> cable. The OS should make a call to the DHCP server and get everything
> it needs from it. You just start using it.
>

Yes, just conenct the cable to the PC and to a hub/switch or router and you
should be set to go. Assuming of course, that all else is functional.
Regards, Saga

> --
> Tim Slattery
> Slattery_T@bls.gov
> http://members.cox.net/slatteryt



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010
+Bob+
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How to configure wired Internet connection via ethernet?
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 12:16:05 -0600, "Saga" <antiSpam@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>"Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> wrote in message
>news:mn73n590tivf6uf54pdt3qev0v7eactv2j@4ax.com.. .
>> "Balzer" <balzer@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote:
>>
>>>Got new laptop with Windows 7. How to configure wired Internet connection
>>>via ethernet?

>>
>> Umm...I don't think you need to do anything. Just plug in the network
>> cable. The OS should make a call to the DHCP server and get everything
>> it needs from it. You just start using it.
>>

>Yes, just conenct the cable to the PC and to a hub/switch or router and you
>should be set to go. Assuming of course, that all else is functional.
>Regards, Saga


You might need to disable the wireless connection if it has one
(device manager, disable), then reboot with the cable connected. Vista
did not handle swaps on the fly very well, I don't know if win7 is any
better in that regard.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help setting up Ethernet (non wireless) Internet Connection GregNga microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 09-19-2009 18:28
How to configure internet by WIFI and local network by cable ethernet newsbirdie2@hotmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 5 12-02-2007 04:54
My wired internet connection will only say 'local only' Lukus_el_Nilandos microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 11-13-2007 19:06
Article ID: 937168 After you configure Internet Connection Sharing in Windows Vista, the network connection stops working after one-to-two hours KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Re: No ethernet internet connection via router nor cable modem neuclicz microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 09-23-2007 12:55




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120