VISTA 64-bit does not boot up and receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

evk2cnr is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VISTA 64-bit does not boot up and receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR
What can I do to fix a startup problem that started happening immediately after installing windows updates today? I was about to back up some work but ran the updates before hand

I just finishing installing updates on my HP Pavilion Elite M9250F Desktop and when it restarted it goes to the "start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode w/Networking, Safe mode w/command prompt, and Last known good configuration" screen... I tried start windows normally, then last known good configuration and no matter what I do it looks like its about to start up then a blue screen.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for and BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8001006DB32, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

evk2cnr is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: VISTA 64-bit does not boot up and receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR
Startup Repair:
Press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts down (about 5 seconds).
Turn on the computer.
Press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.
I receive a BLACK Screen with an ERROR: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The sysem cannot boot."

I don't mind loosing data but I want to start vista. Your help is greatly appreciate.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evk2cnr View Post
[...]

Kevin J SmallBone

Re: VISTA 64-bit does not boot up and receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR
Reinstall OS. It will be quicker.

"evk2cnr" <evk2cnr.42hxg6@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Startup Repair:
> Press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer
> shuts down (about 5 seconds).
> Turn on the computer.
> Press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.
> I receive a BLACK Screen with an ERROR: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The
> sysem cannot boot."
>
> I don't mind loosing data but I want to start vista. Your help is
> greatly appreciate.
> Thanks!!
>
> evk2cnr;1613395 Wrote:
>> What can I do to fix a startup problem that started happening
>> immediately after installing windows updates today? I was about to back
>> up some work but ran the updates before hand
>>
>> I just finishing installing updates on my HP Pavilion Elite M9250F
>> Desktop and when it restarted it goes to the "start windows normally,
>> safe mode, safe mode w/Networking, Safe mode w/command prompt, and Last
>> known good configuration" screen... I tried start windows normally, then
>> last known good configuration and no matter what I do it looks like its
>> about to start up then a blue screen.
>>
>> A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
>> damage to your computer.
>>
>> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
>> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
>>
>> Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is
>> identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the
>> manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
>> Check with your hardware vendor for and BIOS updates. Disable BIOS
>> memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe
>> Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to
>> select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
>>
>> Technical information:
>>
>> *** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8001006DB32,
>> 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

> --
> evk2cnr

Peter Foldes

Re: VISTA 64-bit does not boot up and receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR
http://aumha.org/a/stop.php

--
Peter

------------
[...]

Last edited by evk2cnr : 12-01-2009 at 18:56.

evk2cnr is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: VISTA 64-bit does not boot up and receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J SmallBone View Post
Reinstall OS. It will be quicker.

"evk2cnr" <evk2cnr.42hxg6@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Startup Repair:
> Press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer
> shuts down (about 5 seconds).
> Turn on the computer.
> Press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.
> I receive a BLACK Screen with an ERROR: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The
> sysem cannot boot."
>
> I don't mind loosing data but I want to start vista. Your help is
> greatly appreciate.
> Thanks!!
>
> evk2cnr;1613395 Wrote:
>> What can I do to fix a startup problem that started happening
>> immediately after installing windows updates today? I was about to back
>> up some work but ran the updates before hand
>>
>> I just finishing installing updates on my HP Pavilion Elite M9250F
>> Desktop and when it restarted it goes to the "start windows normally,
>> safe mode, safe mode w/Networking, Safe mode w/command prompt, and Last
>> known good configuration" screen... I tried start windows normally, then
>> last known good configuration and no matter what I do it looks like its
>> about to start up then a blue screen.
>>
>> A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
>> damage to your computer.
>>
>> If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart
>> your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
>>
>> Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is
>> identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the
>> manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
>> Check with your hardware vendor for and BIOS updates. Disable BIOS
>> memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe
>> Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to
>> select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
>>
>> Technical information:
>>
>> *** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8001006DB32,
>> 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

> --
> evk2cnr

Thanks Kevin,

My computer was working just fine the day before yesterday but when I
came backfrom work at night (window software was updated automatcally as HP software suggested), it suddenly stopped booting up. I get this error message: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. System cannot boot."

I followed the instructions from HP website to make the recovery disk for the 64bit version of Vista but it doesn't seem to work. I boot my computer from DVD and it says "Windows loading files" but right after the progress bar is complete for the loading.

I got system recovery DVD from HP, it won't start from it. Do I need to buy recovery kit CDs?

What's the difference between Recovery kit and System Recovery?
Could please advice on my case and enlighten me.

Thanks in advance for your help!