Error installing Microsoft Office on Vista machine

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

jagsnv

Error installing Microsoft Office on Vista machine
Please help ...... I have been trying to install Microsoft Home and Student
2007 for a couple of weeks now and keep getting Error 1935 - component error.
I have installed this from disk on my XP machine with no problem so I know it
isn't the disk. I have called Microsoft 6 times and sent numerous emails to
the follow up emails with no solution. I have been told by the Vista techs
that I need to talk to a .NET framework tech so they can walk me through the
repair or the uninstall and reinstall of .NET framework. We tried to download
it and it says that it is already part of the operating system - but unlike
XP you cannot pull up programs and uninstall it. It is the same problem I run
into when I try to turn on and off windows features - it is blank. According
to Microsoft troubleshooting - these are due to the same issue and I have
tried everything on the sites and no fixing it. Any suggestions????? Please
help...... Thanks - Nancy
Peter Foldes

Re: Error installing Microsoft Office on Vista machine
Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

--
Peter

"jagsnv" <jagsnv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F683D951-FBF9-4A4B-A4B5-8715E40C9C45@microsoft.com...
> Please help ...... I have been trying to install Microsoft Home and Student
> 2007 for a couple of weeks now and keep getting Error 1935 - component error.
> I have installed this from disk on my XP machine with no problem so I know it
> isn't the disk. I have called Microsoft 6 times and sent numerous emails to
> the follow up emails with no solution. I have been told by the Vista techs
> that I need to talk to a .NET framework tech so they can walk me through the
> repair or the uninstall and reinstall of .NET framework. We tried to download
> it and it says that it is already part of the operating system - but unlike
> XP you cannot pull up programs and uninstall it. It is the same problem I run
> into when I try to turn on and off windows features - it is blank. According
> to Microsoft troubleshooting - these are due to the same issue and I have
> tried everything on the sites and no fixing it. Any suggestions????? Please
> help...... Thanks - Nancy

jagsnv

Re: Error installing Microsoft Office on Vista machine
I am not sure. I just know when myself and the tech tried to download the
installation of 2.0 and 3.0 it said that they were already installed with the
operating system and would not complete installation.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804
>
> --
> Peter

> "jagsnv" <jagsnv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F683D951-FBF9-4A4B-A4B5-8715E40C9C45@microsoft.com...
> > Please help ...... I have been trying to install Microsoft Home and Student
> > 2007 for a couple of weeks now and keep getting Error 1935 - component error.
> > I have installed this from disk on my XP machine with no problem so I know it
> > isn't the disk. I have called Microsoft 6 times and sent numerous emails to
> > the follow up emails with no solution. I have been told by the Vista techs
> > that I need to talk to a .NET framework tech so they can walk me through the
> > repair or the uninstall and reinstall of .NET framework. We tried to download
> > it and it says that it is already part of the operating system - but unlike
> > XP you cannot pull up programs and uninstall it. It is the same problem I run
> > into when I try to turn on and off windows features - it is blank. According
> > to Microsoft troubleshooting - these are due to the same issue and I have
> > tried everything on the sites and no fixing it. Any suggestions????? Please
> > help...... Thanks - Nancy

jagsnv

Re: Error installing Microsoft Office on Vista machine
I did try 1.1 as well and got an error also.

"jagsnv" wrote:

> I am not sure. I just know when myself and the tech tried to download the
> installation of 2.0 and 3.0 it said that they were already installed with the
> operating system and would not complete installation.
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
> > Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed?
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "jagsnv" <jagsnv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F683D951-FBF9-4A4B-A4B5-8715E40C9C45@microsoft.com...
> > > Please help ...... I have been trying to install Microsoft Home and Student
> > > 2007 for a couple of weeks now and keep getting Error 1935 - component error.
> > > I have installed this from disk on my XP machine with no problem so I know it
> > > isn't the disk. I have called Microsoft 6 times and sent numerous emails to
> > > the follow up emails with no solution. I have been told by the Vista techs
> > > that I need to talk to a .NET framework tech so they can walk me through the
> > > repair or the uninstall and reinstall of .NET framework. We tried to download
> > > it and it says that it is already part of the operating system - but unlike
> > > XP you cannot pull up programs and uninstall it. It is the same problem I run
> > > into when I try to turn on and off windows features - it is blank. According
> > > to Microsoft troubleshooting - these are due to the same issue and I have
> > > tried everything on the sites and no fixing it. Any suggestions????? Please
> > > help...... Thanks - Nancy

ray

On Sun, 06 May 2007 17:20:00 -0700, jagsnv wrote:

> Please help ...... I have been trying to install Microsoft Home and Student
> 2007 for a couple of weeks now and keep getting Error 1935 - component error.
> I have installed this from disk on my XP machine with no problem so I know it
> isn't the disk. I have called Microsoft 6 times and sent numerous emails to
> the follow up emails with no solution. I have been told by the Vista techs
> that I need to talk to a .NET framework tech so they can walk me through the
> repair or the uninstall and reinstall of .NET framework. We tried to download
> it and it says that it is already part of the operating system - but unlike
> XP you cannot pull up programs and uninstall it. It is the same problem I run
> into when I try to turn on and off windows features - it is blank. According
> to Microsoft troubleshooting - these are due to the same issue and I have
> tried everything on the sites and no fixing it. Any suggestions????? Please
> help...... Thanks - Nancy

Suggest you save yourself the bother - try OpenOffice.org - it should do
everything you need.