Desktop has rotated 90 degrees ccw!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Gordon Biggar

Desktop has rotated 90 degrees ccw!
I have a Dell desktop, using a Vista 64-bit platform. I accidentally hit
the keyboard with my hand, which caused the desktop to rotate 90 degrees
ccw. How do I go about rotating the screen back to normal?

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Dominic Payer

Re: Desktop has rotated 90 degrees ccw!
Look in your system tray for a screen properties icon, probably either
ATI or nView. That will include the screen rotation option.

Your Dell manual may tell you what the relevant keyboard shortcuts are.

On 25/11/2009 20:11, Gordon Biggar wrote:
> I have a Dell desktop, using a Vista 64-bit platform. I accidentally
> hit the keyboard with my hand, which caused the desktop to rotate 90
> degrees ccw. How do I go about rotating the screen back to normal?
>
> Gordon Biggar
> Houston, Texas

Dave

Re: Desktop has rotated 90 degrees ccw!
Try
Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow

--
Windows 7 Ultimate
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dell desktop, using a Vista 64-bit platform. I accidentally hit
> the keyboard with my hand, which caused the desktop to rotate 90 degrees
> ccw. How do I go about rotating the screen back to normal?
>
> Gordon Biggar
> Houston, Texas

Gordon Biggar

Desktop has rotated 90 degrees ccw!
How to feel dumb in one easy lesson ---

It dawned on me to right-click on the desktop and go to Graphics
Options\Rotation. But, thanks for your very prompt response, regardless!

GGB

"Dominic Payer" <dcp@dcp.fsv.co.uk> wrote in message
> Look in your system tray for a screen properties icon, probably either ATI
> or nView. That will include the screen rotation option.
>
> Your Dell manual may tell you what the relevant keyboard shortcuts are.
>

> On 25/11/2009 20:11, Gordon Biggar wrote:
>> I have a Dell desktop, using a Vista 64-bit platform. I accidentally
>> hit the keyboard with my hand, which caused the desktop to rotate 90
>> degrees ccw. How do I go about rotating the screen back to normal?
>>
>> Gordon Biggar
>> Houston, Texas

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Desktop has rotated 90 degrees ccw!
rotate
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:11:39 -0600, "Gordon Biggar"
<colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote:

> I have a Dell desktop, using a Vista 64-bit platform. I accidentally hit
> the keyboard with my hand, which caused the desktop to rotate 90 degrees
> ccw. How do I go about rotating the screen back to normal?

The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature of your video
card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait
orientation. Almost certainly you accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and
some arrow key.

Rotate it back using those keys.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Stan Starinski

Re: Desktop has rotated 90 degrees ccw!
You can rotate desktop also thru VideDriver, e.g. here we use nVidia and
there's an option for normal or roatated desktop for monitors which can
rotate to show letters, etc documents vertically, because such documents are
indeed best viewed veritically unlike normal computer display.

Perhaps you accidentally enabled rotation in those options, check....

Allen

Gordon Biggar wrote:
> I have a Dell desktop, using a Vista 64-bit platform. I accidentally
> hit the keyboard with my hand, which caused the desktop to rotate 90
> degrees ccw. How do I go about rotating the screen back to normal?
>
> Gordon Biggar
> Houston, Texas

Is the keyboard a model SK-8115? I have all kinds of trouble when I even
sightly graze mine. It will do interesting things like wipe out an email
I'm working on, usually unsalvageable with the edit key.
Allen