Windows shrink on click

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

nexrad1

Windows shrink on click

I have a new Toshiba Satellite with Vista Home Premium. At least once a
day, a maximized window resizes as if I clicked the "restore down" icon
but I'm clicking elsewhere in the window. This happens with Internet
Explorer, Excel, any program. Anyone else have this issue or know how
to fix it?

nexrad1

--
nexrad1
nexrad1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25331

http://forums.techarena.in

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Re: Windows shrink on click
"nexrad1" <nexrad1.2q3644@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have a new Toshiba Satellite with Vista Home Premium. At least once a
> day, a maximized window resizes as if I clicked the "restore down" icon
> but I'm clicking elsewhere in the window. This happens with Internet
> Explorer, Excel, any program. Anyone else have this issue or know how
> to fix it?

It will happen if you accidentally click on the title bar. If you have a
Normal window that will maximize it, which is where I usually have the
problem.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

nexrad1

Re: Windows shrink on click

This happens not only by accidental clicks on the title bar but also
intentional clicks on scroll bar. Its very annoying. Thanks for the
reply, Frank.

--
nexrad1
nexrad1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25331
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=741242

http://forums.techarena.in

cookieblue

Re: Windows shrink on click
I am having same problem also have toshiba Satellite sometimes I have just
clicked anywhere on the page and it shrinks. It drives me mad if you find a
way to stop it please let me know

"nexrad1" wrote:

> This happens not only by accidental clicks on the title bar but also
> intentional clicks on scroll bar. Its very annoying. Thanks for the
> reply, Frank.
>

> --
> nexrad1
> nexrad1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25331
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=741242
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Tosiap

Re: Windows shrink on click

"cookieblue" wrote:

> I am having same problem also have toshiba Satellite sometimes I have just
> clicked anywhere on the page and it shrinks. It drives me mad if you find a
> way to stop it please let me know
>
> "nexrad1" wrote:
>

> > This happens not only by accidental clicks on the title bar but also
> > intentional clicks on scroll bar. Its very annoying. Thanks for the
> > reply, Frank.
> >

> > --
> > nexrad1
> > nexrad1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25331
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=741242
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >
> > I also am having this problem with my Toshiba Satellite, is there a fix, and if so, where is it? ie, is there a website etc. Thanks to anyone who can help! Tosia

nexrad1

Re: Windows shrink on click

Finally, I found a fix for this annoying "feature." There is an option
with the touch pad called tap zones that Vista (or Toshiba) delivers as
enabled. Tap zones activate certain areas of the touchpad as shortcuts
for other functions (as if its too hard to click on the window minimize
box) Anyway, here is how to disable it:

Control Panel-->Mouse-->Device Settings-->Settings....

Expand the "tapping" module then single click the tap zones module.
Uncheck the Enable Tap Zones checkbox.