Vista will not boot into f11 or safe mode

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

kat3hay's Avatar

kat3hay is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista will not boot into f11 or safe mode
I am desperate. This post will not even post and I am not even on the broken computer!
Once again--how do i get my computer to go into safe mode? F2 does not work f12--NO f11 with disk in drive-No It goes to the 2 folders swapping files. I have a 2 year old Compaq Presario 5r5013wm HP--I deleted a ton of files yesterday-yes I know this is why--but how do I fix it?? It goes to safe mode start up-you click anyone of the 3 options and it goes to the small back diagnostics acreen and starts a bunch of words--last one is Partition succeeded(another thing I did yesterday was unpartition my hard-drive so I would have more disk space to install my windows 7 ultimate I have here) That is what started it all. I right clicked and deleted a bunch but saved files onto a flash drive and made 2 system restore disks but the computer will not let me restore it.
Heres what I get
xwindows/system32/cmd.exe.startnet.cmd then a bunch of system32 words all over scrolling over top a blue screen that says FLEXBUILD 2.0 CpC_Dash 2.00.14---then it goes to the 2 folders--one on each side of the screen and a piece of paper is being passed from one to the other. How do I get my computer to start so I can install my Windows 7 Ultimate? This is driving me insane!
I don't care if I have to wipe it to bare bones--I just want it fixed. I have a Zone Alarm I can use, A System Mechanic, a bunch of other ones but it will not access the cdrom drive or it would have when i started it with F11.
Jim

Re: Vista will not boot into f11 or safe mode

Safe mode - F8 .

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:39:44 +0100, kat3hay
<kat3hay.409pwf@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>I am desperate. This post will not even post and I am not even on the
>broken computer!
>Once again--how do i get my computer to go into safe mode? F2 does not
>work f12--NO f11 with disk in drive-No It goes to the 2 folders swapping
>files. I have a 2 year old Compaq Presario 5r5013wm HP--I deleted a ton
>of files yesterday-yes I know this is why--but how do I fix it?? It goes
>to safe mode start up-you click anyone of the 3 options and it goes to
>the small back diagnostics acreen and starts a bunch of words--last one
>is Partition succeeded(another thing I did yesterday was unpartition my
>hard-drive so I would have more disk space to install my windows 7
>ultimate I have here) That is what started it all. I right clicked and
>deleted a bunch but saved files onto a flash drive and made 2 system
>restore disks but the computer will not let me restore it.
>Heres what I get
>xwindows/system32/cmd.exe.startnet.cmd then a bunch of system32 words
>all over scrolling over top a blue screen that says FLEXBUILD 2.0
>CpC_Dash 2.00.14---then it goes to the 2 folders--one on each side of
>the screen and a piece of paper is being passed from one to the other.
>How do I get my computer to start so I can install my Windows 7
>Ultimate? This is driving me insane!
>I don't care if I have to wipe it to bare bones--I just want it fixed.
>I have a Zone Alarm I can use, A System Mechanic, a bunch of other ones
>but it will not access the cdrom drive or it would have when i started
>it with F11.

peter

Re: Vista will not boot into f11 or safe mode
You enter the BIOS and set the DVD as 1st boot device
then insert the W7 DVD and watch for the words"press any key to boot from
DVD"
press any key.......... W7 dvd should boot
go thru the install procedures and format your HD during the install..you
might need to create a partition
since you said you deleted them all. If it still shows partitions
pick the largest partition and format it
Maybe format all of the Partitions...who knows exactly what you did
get back to us

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"kat3hay" <kat3hay.409pwf@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I am desperate. This post will not even post and I am not even on the
> broken computer!
> Once again--how do i get my computer to go into safe mode? F2 does not
> work f12--NO f11 with disk in drive-No It goes to the 2 folders swapping
> files. I have a 2 year old Compaq Presario 5r5013wm HP--I deleted a ton
> of files yesterday-yes I know this is why--but how do I fix it?? It goes
> to safe mode start up-you click anyone of the 3 options and it goes to
> the small back diagnostics acreen and starts a bunch of words--last one
> is Partition succeeded(another thing I did yesterday was unpartition my
> hard-drive so I would have more disk space to install my windows 7
> ultimate I have here) That is what started it all. I right clicked and
> deleted a bunch but saved files onto a flash drive and made 2 system
> restore disks but the computer will not let me restore it.
> Heres what I get
> xwindows/system32/cmd.exe.startnet.cmd then a bunch of system32 words
> all over scrolling over top a blue screen that says FLEXBUILD 2.0
> CpC_Dash 2.00.14---then it goes to the 2 folders--one on each side of
> the screen and a piece of paper is being passed from one to the other.
> How do I get my computer to start so I can install my Windows 7
> Ultimate? This is driving me insane!
> I don't care if I have to wipe it to bare bones--I just want it fixed.
> I have a Zone Alarm I can use, A System Mechanic, a bunch of other ones
> but it will not access the cdrom drive or it would have when i started
> it with F11.
>

> --
> kat3hay

Dusko Savatovic

Re: Vista will not boot into f11 or safe mode
Are you sure that your Windows 7 disk is bootable?
The common error is that some people burn Win7.iso or Win7.img as a file
instead of using a burning software's function similar to: "Write image file
to disk" (example from freeware burning app ImgBurn
http://www.imgburn.com/ ).