"previous system shutdown was unexpected" Event ID 6008

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Skeptic

"previous system shutdown was unexpected" Event ID 6008
This dumb, uninformative, repetitive Event ID has been my most persistent,
random, & most often logged Event Viewer error message since I clean
installed Vista Ultimate 64-bit from a retail box the most part of a year
ago. It has also been the primary cause for my biggest disappointment with
Vista & strong evidence of Vista's failure as a reliable OS (not to say that
this is the only evidence for such failure) .

My unrelenting search for relief has been just as persistent & has proven
totally unsuccessful to date. However, my search has still been a learning
experience. What have I learned? The following is not a complete list:

1. Windows users have been experiencing the same frustration (same issue)
for several years going back to earlier Windows Op Systems.

2. This event has been reported by Windows users on a variety of platforms,
PC brand models, and both Vista 64 & 32 bit versions.

3. No one cause has been identified as the trigger for this event - nor have
I found that any effective remedy/work-around has ever been posted either on
tech web sites, Microsoft newsgroups, or the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

4. Vista is overloaded with diagnostic Services (part of Administrative
Tools) designed to monitor, safeguard, & insure Vista's reliability - but
which are so inter-dependent, complex, and inadequately documented - that my
guesses are that:
(A) Vista's Services are a cause of many of Vista's unexplained system
shutdowns
(B) Microsoft engineers have succeeded in faking out both users and
themselves in how to understand, manage, and coordinate these 'Services' so
they fulfill their safeguarding functions instead of bringing Vista down.
(C) Making these Services accessible to users who would not have a clue how
to benefit by changing any of their properties & settings was a huge
blunder.
(D) Microsoft never adequately beta tested these Services before releasing
an oversold, hyped Vista to market, to anxious OEM vendors, and to
'sold-out' consumers.

Proof to support my guesses? The omission of any Vista 'Help' topics to
document - for the average or even experienced user - a crash proof way to
change the properties, disable, or return all or individual Services back to
their default values. Adding to such 'proof,' the same omission is evident
on official Microsoft Support web sites. Lastly, the proof resides in
Vista's sad record of reliability.

Sorry - I do not want to harangue this issue. I strongly desire replies to
this post to prove me and my guesses and assertions - dead wrong.
I'd prefer to save/recover my investment in Vista Ultimate and enable Vista
to serve reliably for yet a few more years instead of the few miserable
months during which it has proven to be such a very bad buy.

Anyone - got solutions? Thanks.

Skeptic

Richard G. Harper

Re: "previous system shutdown was unexpected" Event ID 6008
The last time I saw this on a system (server) it was a failing UPS causing
the system to shut down unexpectedly. Replacing the UPS fixed the problem.
Honestly, the error means exactly what it says - due to an unknown event the
system was unexpectedly powered down. It was not a Windows fault or the
fault would be logged. So start looking at things that could cause the
system to lose power and you're heading in the right direction. This is not
a Windows flaw, not a Temple Mystery nor is it a Bermuda Triangle event.

"Skeptic" <invalid@cox.net> wrote in message

<snip!>

Skeptic

Re: "previous system shutdown was unexpected" Event ID 6008
Hello Richard - you are waxing philosophical. I approve. I agree with your
assumption - 100%. I also disagree - 100%.

Have you not had experience with an issue that had two opposite
explanations - both credible and perhaps both even provable by rock solid
scientific logic. I do not even have to cite the X-Files - & the Mulder &
Scully character foils who each cite opposite explanations for the identical
phenomenon - both credible. I can cite the KPTS show I caught last week.
Catch it? Stephen Hawking's genius formula for the understanding of black
holes - based upon unchallengeable mathematical certainty - contradicting
Einstein's universally accepted formula for the conservation of matter and
energy?

OK - so we're not about physics or rocket science here. We both lack
sufficient evidence for our opposing assumptions. Our objectivity is also
unquestionably suspect. I am not proven 'dead wrong' and neither are you.
As of now I believe we are equally distant from the truth of the matter.
Time will tell.

Cheers - Skeptic

newsC26FDD3-7A8C-48E6-A566-A6C21F9ABA44@microsoft.com...
> The last time I saw this on a system (server) it was a failing UPS causing
> the system to shut down unexpectedly. Replacing the UPS fixed the
> problem. Honestly, the error means exactly what it says - due to an
> unknown event the system was unexpectedly powered down. It was not a
> Windows fault or the fault would be logged. So start looking at things
> that could cause the system to lose power and you're heading in the right
> direction. This is not a Windows flaw, not a Temple Mystery nor is it a
> Bermuda Triangle event.
>
> "Skeptic" <invalid@cox.net> wrote in message
>
> <snip!>

Richard G. Harper

Re: "previous system shutdown was unexpected" Event ID 6008
I think you posted this to the wrong newsgroup - the existentialism chat
room is two doors down on the right. :-) Anyway I have offered my best
advice based on my experience and knowledge. Best of luck sorting it out.

> Hello Richard - you are waxing philosophical. I approve. I agree with
> your assumption - 100%. I also disagree - 100%.
>
> Have you not had experience with an issue that had two opposite
> explanations - both credible and perhaps both even provable by rock solid
> scientific logic. I do not even have to cite the X-Files - & the Mulder &
> Scully character foils who each cite opposite explanations for the
> identical phenomenon - both credible. I can cite the KPTS show I caught
> last week. Catch it? Stephen Hawking's genius formula for the
> understanding of black holes - based upon unchallengeable mathematical
> certainty - contradicting Einstein's universally accepted formula for the
> conservation of matter and energy?
>
> OK - so we're not about physics or rocket science here. We both lack
> sufficient evidence for our opposing assumptions. Our objectivity is also
> unquestionably suspect. I am not proven 'dead wrong' and neither are you.
> As of now I believe we are equally distant from the truth of the matter.
> Time will tell.
>
> Cheers - Skeptic
>

> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
> newsC26FDD3-7A8C-48E6-A566-A6C21F9ABA44@microsoft.com...
>> The last time I saw this on a system (server) it was a failing UPS
>> causing the system to shut down unexpectedly. Replacing the UPS fixed
>> the problem. Honestly, the error means exactly what it says - due to an
>> unknown event the system was unexpectedly powered down. It was not a
>> Windows fault or the fault would be logged. So start looking at things
>> that could cause the system to lose power and you're heading in the right
>> direction. This is not a Windows flaw, not a Temple Mystery nor is it a
>> Bermuda Triangle event.
>>
>> "Skeptic" <invalid@cox.net> wrote in message
>>
>> <snip!>

tameravci

Re: "previous system shutdown was unexpected" Event ID 6008

Here is the solution you need..

I get this error message for nearly 2 years.I searched all forums
related to this error .But I couldnt fix it. No one has the real
solution.
Yesterday I decided to read my motherboard manual. I read especially
the uptading the bios part and I immediatly asked myself , why do I not
update my bios ! That may cause the problem. I used the cd that came
with the motherboard box. Installed the software , and let it download
the new version of my bios.
For nearly 48 hours my PC did not restart. I think , it works..

What I suggest you is do not desire to update your bios. Check your
motherboard version and download the right bios update.

( Read the manual too )

best regards..

NOTE :
Its not related to any software of hardware
I checked all of them...

Firstly , be sure to have no other problems with your PC !!

--
tameravci
tameravci's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/134579.htm

http://forums.techarena.in