Windows update locks up windows

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

traebo

Windows update locks up windows

Hi there,

I'm not really a tech savvy person, so a detailed description of my
notebook will not be given because I don't know every detail. I'm
currently using vista windows on a toshiba notebook (i'm sorry but
that's the best i can do for description ). My problem seems to occur
when ever my notebook attempts to update automatically and when i do a
virus scan (at one point it stopped on a document fvcupdate.exe before
my windows completely froze up). I have attempted to download windows
update from the site instead of it downloading on its own, although the
problem remains. Running it on safemode didn't do much of a difference
as it also completely froze up on crcdisk.sys during start up and just
restarted the notebook.

My cousin says that it could be because of the hard drive space but
when i checked i have only used up 47% of my hard drive. She also
insisted that i do a virus scan to check if its a virus that's doing
this to my notebook, although even doing a scan would freeze up vista.

So far, the only way i have managed to stir away from this freezing up
problem is by turning off the automatic updates and virus scans. Is
there another way around this problem?

Thanks for your time

--
traebo
traebo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/127296.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Michael

Re: Windows update locks up windows

"traebo" <traebo.3xayfc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi there,
>
> I'm not really a tech savvy person, so a detailed description of my
> notebook will not be given because I don't know every detail. I'm
> currently using vista windows on a toshiba notebook (i'm sorry but
> that's the best i can do for description ). My problem seems to occur
> when ever my notebook attempts to update automatically and when i do a
> virus scan (at one point it stopped on a document fvcupdate.exe before
> my windows completely froze up). I have attempted to download windows
> update from the site instead of it downloading on its own, although the
> problem remains. Running it on safemode didn't do much of a difference
> as it also completely froze up on crcdisk.sys during start up and just
> restarted the notebook.
>
> My cousin says that it could be because of the hard drive space but
> when i checked i have only used up 47% of my hard drive. She also
> insisted that i do a virus scan to check if its a virus that's doing
> this to my notebook, although even doing a scan would freeze up vista.
>
> So far, the only way i have managed to stir away from this freezing up
> problem is by turning off the automatic updates and virus scans. Is
> there another way around this problem?
>
> Thanks for your time
>

> --
> traebo
> traebo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/127296.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1235464.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Sounds like you have a bug. Download and run this. It's free.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

--

Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.