CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Jim Wood

CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history,
etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:

C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData

I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are the
implications of purging these files?
Ǝиçεl

RE: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc700805.aspx

"Jim Wood" wrote:

> My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
> control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history,
> etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:
>
> C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData
>
> I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
> exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are the
> implications of purging these files?

Jon

"Jim Wood" <JimWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
> control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies,
> history,
> etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:
>
> C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData
>
> I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
> exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are
> the
> implications of purging these files?

No major implications at all. Like all 'caches' they're just for speeding
things up slightly. Get rid of 'em if they bug you.

--
Jon

Velvet Brown

CryptNetUrlCache
These are actually system level files that one cannot change or remove. They are a securely encrypted copy of your entire windows and internet browsing history on the system. Beware, even after you clear the internet cache and history in IE, netscape or firefox, a copy exists forever.

JimWoo wrote:

CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
19-Aug-09

My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history,
etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:

C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData

I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are the
implications of purging these files?

On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:45 PM
JimWoo wrote:

CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history,
etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:

C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData

I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are the
implications of purging these files?

On Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:39 AM
l@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

RE: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc700805.aspx

"Jim Wood" wrote:

On Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:19 AM
Jon wrote:

Re: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
No major implications at all. Like all 'caches' they are just for speeding
things up slightly. Get rid of them if they bug you.

--
Jon

Book Review: The C# Programming Language -Third Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...e-c-progr.aspx
Peter Foldes

Re: CryptNetUrlCache
Another deadhead from egghead

--
Peter

<Velvet Brown> wrote in message news:2010127135739velvelb@hotmail.com...
> These are actually system level files that one cannot change or remove. They are
> a securely encrypted copy of your entire windows and internet browsing history on
> the system. Beware, even after you clear the internet cache and history in IE,
> netscape or firefox, a copy exists forever.
>

> JimWoo wrote:
>
> CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
> 19-Aug-09
>
> My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
> control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history,
> etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:
>
> C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData
>
> I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
> exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are the
> implications of purging these files?

> On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:45 PM
> JimWoo wrote:
>
> CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
> My concern is leaving a 'surfing trail' on computers that are not under my
> control. IE allows one to delete user data in the form of cookies, history,
> etc., but some of the same info remains in Vista 64 under:
>
> C:/user/AppData/LocalLow/Microsoft/CryptnetUrlCache/Content and /MetaData
>
> I believe that these files have something to do with "Certificates," but
> exactly what is all this good information, when is it used, and what are the
> implications of purging these files?
>
> On Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:39 AM
> l@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
>
> RE: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc700805.aspx
>
> "Jim Wood" wrote:
>
> On Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:19 AM
> Jon wrote:
>
> Re: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?
> No major implications at all. Like all 'caches' they are just for speeding
> things up slightly. Get rid of them if they bug you.
>
> --
> Jon

> Book Review: The C# Programming Language -Third Edition [Addison Wesley]
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...e-c-progr.aspx

pacinitaly

Re: CryptNetUrlCache - What is it?

I delete them eveytime I powerdown my rig

I have included these folders in my delete stuff on ccleaner

see attached

|Filename: Capture.JPG |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18162|

pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no

If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out like
a drunken sailor
Jon

Re: CryptNetUrlCache
"Velvet Brown" wrote in message news:2010127135739velvelb@hotmail.com...
> These are actually system level files that one cannot change or remove.
> They are a securely encrypted copy of your entire windows and internet
> browsing history on the system. Beware, even after you clear the internet
> cache and history in IE, netscape or firefox, a copy exists forever.

Actually you can change, remove, or do whatever else you like with them.

--
Jon